SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put NOS in their car? Im thinking bout doin it and i was wondering if anybody had any pointers or good sites to check out for some good prices on equipment.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Doesn't Kevin Y have one in his car? I'm not sure if its operational... I don't know of any others.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
I think there's a guy on Saabnet who has done it. There are some guys with experience gassing their Saturns, so you might want to look there. Don't know whether you can do it with the stock engine management, or if you'll need some ECU upgrading too....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Ah, I remember now about kevin's car....I always get like half the info, think I'm right, then to find I'm not quite....:roll: :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
the only problem i see with nos in our cars, is the fact that we cannot advance or retard timing ourselves. the ecu may or may not like it so until someone tries and blows up their motor we will not know

·
Registered
483 Posts
well eventually someone will try. Speaking of our engine management systems, Don't you love how all of those guys talking about getting standalones to work on our cars a couple weeks ago seemed to just disapear. Trionic may get a little anoying sometimes, but it is probably one of the coolest engine management systems around.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah it is, even the c900 guys can retrofit a DI and get better #'s! (not to mention much more consistent)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think im gonna give it a shot within the next few months. ill start off with a small dose and see how it goes. ill keep you guys posted. thanks!:D

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
JSkillz314 said:
i think im gonna give it a shot within the next few months. ill start off with a small dose and see how it goes. ill keep you guys posted. thanks!:D
Unless you give your engine more fuel, you will run very lean and your car will shut down the fuel supply...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
nitrous wet kit puts more fuel in and is also double the amount of $ good luck with all that.. if u already have a turbo saab the money u would spend on a good nitrous kit could b put into sumthin else

·
Registered
283 Posts
There used to be a guy on the boards who was running a Zex nitrous kit on his T5 900. I think he sold the car about a year and a half ago though. He never seemed to have any problems with the nitrous setup and claimed that it worked very well.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yea the zex kit was on our classifieds for the longest time too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have been running nitrous for about a year in my car the first thing is air fuel gauge that is the most important to me i have a fifty shot dry with a stock ecu and a fuel pressure regulater out of an 04 95 aero the only thing i need to do is turn my boost to 12psi when i use it when the nitrous hits it then goes to 15psi i havent had any problems yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fastsaab1 said:
i have been running nitrous for about a year in my car the first thing is air fuel gauge that is the most important to me i have a fifty shot dry with a stock ecu and a fuel pressure regulater out of an 04 95 aero the only thing i need to do is turn my boost to 12psi when i use it when the nitrous hits it then goes to 15psi i havent had any problems yet
you have given me much hope...and for that i thank you...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts