SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i've been kicking the idea around for awhile to get rid of the turbo lag, and its pretty much gonna happen now cuz my buddy johns selling me his kit for 150, and the bottle still 3/4 full lol

only thing i'm going to need is a 70 shot jet for the kit, hes only got a 200 jet

good bye turbo lag lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9-3sleeper said:
Hmmmm, I like your spirit, post how it goes.

Where do you plan on placing the nozzles?
i'm thinking about tapping into the throttle body casting (the closer to the vavles the better)

yeah i'm get some pics up as soon as i get it, but i gotta get john to go out to his house in bullhead, az, and hes in california right now, so hopefully i can make him do it soon lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mfyoung said:
i'm thinking about tapping into the throttle body casting (the closer to the vavles the better)

yeah i'm get some pics up as soon as i get it, but i gotta get john to go out to his house in bullhead, az, and hes in california right now, so hopefully i can make him do it soon lol
you know whats really funny, i was supposed to pick up that walbro 190 from ray today, and i guess he lost it, but the funny thing he was like why don't you just use the one from you 90 dsm...I forgot i had the damn car, so tomorrow i'm gonna pull that out LOL

I'm a dumbass sometimes

·
Registered
956 Posts
i also like your spirit and not trying to bring you down but if this is your daily driver, you better look into a cheap other car to be able to drive around when this one goes kaboom. i wish ya the best and want to see how it goes!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
Arizona state

go DEVILS!!!!!!

my sis graduate from purdue btw, i love the campus
Oh you've been here? cool beans,

yeah it is a pretty nice place, except when I think about how our football team has done this year.:x

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
sleet said:
i also like your spirit and not trying to bring you down but if this is your daily driver, you better look into a cheap other car to be able to drive around when this one goes kaboom. i wish ya the best and want to see how it goes!
I think you have a point, but if he just keeps the shots mild, he should be okay. A 150 shot though, oh boy:eek:

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm curious to see the results here. I have a Nitrous Express kit in my basement from my old car but haven't had the time or patiance to look into a tune for it. I would be nervous with a 70 shot and stock timing/boost. If you are using a dry system I would tap farther down the intake track for better atomization. If you're going wet I would only use a direct port system.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
yeah um try a 70 shot lol, nothing over 100, and if i did a 100 shot, i would have a cut out for 3K rpms
Yeah, that was my point, any real heavy shot would anihilate your engine.

·
Registered
933 Posts
And a shot that stops at 3K will ruin your tranny and just blow off the tires. Use it for passing "fast" cars on the highway. Unless you mean below 3K in higher gears which is pointless atleast with my stock turbo, at highway speed I get instant boost in 5th.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
mfyoung said:
Arizona state

go DEVILS!!!!!!

my sis graduate from purdue btw, i love the campus
uh oh..I'm gonna hafta be negative in this thread because we play them(Purdue) tomorrow..but unfortunately we lost by 3 to OSU and 4 to UM, which=MSU will likely away the remainder of the season

Go Green! Go White! Let's go State!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Corn Cob said:
And a shot that stops at 3K will ruin your tranny and just blow off the tires. Use it for passing "fast" cars on the highway. Unless you mean below 3K in higher gears which is pointless atleast with my stock turbo, at highway speed I get instant boost in 5th.
not with a 70 shot in first gear, i've seen it work well with many turbo cars, i might consider running it all the way through first, I'm just gonna do some tuning with it, see what my best results are

btw my buddy john said he'll just give me the line and the bottle for 25 bucks, and i can only see myself running maybe once or twice at the track, we'll see what see does tho, i'll keep an eye on the a/f meter, and if it get anywhere near the danger zone, you can bet i'll get off the bottle lol

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
Yeah, that was my point, any real heavy shot would anihilate your engine.
Yea, Jak broke two pistons trying to run a 125hp shot with retarted timing and only 15psi of boost. He has been running a 75hp shot for a while now with no problems. I would not go over a 75hp shot without forged pistons. That is the limit of the hp jets they sell for 4 cylinder motors.

You might be able to get away with a 50hp shot with no timing changes, but the rule of thumb is a 2 degree timing retard for evey 50hp shot over 50hp. You would want to retard the timing some for a 75hp shot to keep the motor around for any length of time, but a 35-50hp shot would probably be ok for a stock ecu with stock timing.

John

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
snowboardin58 said:
uh oh..I'm gonna hafta be negative in this thread because we play them(Purdue) tomorrow..but unfortunately we lost by 3 to OSU and 4 to UM, which=MSU will likely away the remainder of the season

Go Green! Go White! Let's go State!
You are not my favorite person right now, this game is pissing me off.
;)

Oh, and BOILER UP!!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
John Z Williams said:
Yea, Jak broke two pistons trying to run a 125hp shot with retarted timing and only 15psi of boost. He has been running a 75hp shot for a while now with no problems. I would not go over a 75hp shot without forged pistons. That is the limit of the hp jets they sell for 4 cylinder motors.

You might be able to get away with a 50hp shot with no timing changes, but the rule of thumb is a 2 degree timing retard for evey 50hp shot over 50hp. You would want to retard the timing some for a 75hp shot to keep the motor around for any length of time, but a 35-50hp shot would probably be ok for a stock ecu with stock timing.

John
If I ever go the NOS route, I'll probably use that level of shot as well, 50 maybe 75.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
You are not my favorite person right now, this game is pissing me off.
;)

Oh, and BOILER UP!!!
Spartans! What is your profession?!?!

Wish I was at school this weekend to celebrate tonight. But I need to get the Viggen finished!!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
snowboardin58 said:
Spartans! What is your profession?!?!

Wish I was at school this weekend to celebrate tonight. But I need to get the Viggen finished!!
Doing work on the Vig? The black convertible or one of the many other Vigs you guys have? I hate you :cheesy:.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts