SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have searched the forums and am sure i can't find this topic, so i apologise if its hiding some where.

Does any body know if there is anywhere in Aus that does nordic tunes, or a good option for me to get it done at a good price?

i currently have a 2001 saab 9-3 150hp t7 with the BSR stage one tune and a 2.5" cat back exhaust.

from what i hear nordic is a much better tune, so i was thinking of either upgrading to a stage 2 nordic tune, or spending a lot more and buying the hardware to support the nordic stage three tune.

Or jump to a bsr stage 3 tune, but it seems like there are a lot more hardware upgrades i need to do for less hp as the nordic?

anyway, would love to hear your opinions.

cheers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is no much difference between any of the tuning companies when you compare stage 1-3 tunes.Personaly i would go for stage 3 ,260ish HP is the absolute Max that you can get from your small GT17 turbo.

Anyway how much are you paying for a stage 3????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waiting for replies from both maptun and bsr in regards to prices. Hopefully I can trade in my stage on bsr to the 3 if I decide to go that route but bsr seems to be expensive the kit is close to 3000 dollars, and it increases it to 240 hp. But would I need all those hardware upgrades or would it be fine with a stage 3 bsr and just a 3" down pipe, sports cat and 2.5" exhaust? N here's the link for bar Aus kit for my car http://www.bsrtuning.com.au/products/t468/

Cheers

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Sadly there's not much option in Australia.There are some guys doing their own tunes via the ecu project.(but that's complicated) Not recommended for a novice.Easy if you know what you are doing.
As for the likes of Maptune,Nordic or BSR I think they are overpriced. When I was starting out one place in Melbourne quoted me $1300 for an Abbott racing Stage 1 :eek:
There is only one place to get a tune from http://www.jzwtuning.com/products.shtml
Shipping is $25 each way(Approx, Tracked)

: Maybe one of the other local guys has a tuned ecu sitting in their garage :cheesy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thanks for that. I kinda dismissed sending it I thought it be to expensive but that's not that bad.

Also just had a local guy email me back saying he can do a stage three tune to 240 hp based on maptun maps or hirsch If I prefer, for 350 dollars. Am
I right to be hesitant about this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha no idea if id trust him. but if its a copy/paste tune, maybe i should invest several studios hours to learn to tune my own car. :cheesy:

anyway the guy reckons i don't even need to change my down pipe or cat. that doesn't seem right to me if I'm going to be getting 240 hp.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Where in Australia are you? If in melbourne I have contacts for tunes that don't require sending ECUs to the US or UK. :) But you need the car in person here in Melbourne.

sab

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm interested in this as well- I have a MY00 9-3 S, the 118KW version which has no BOV I believe, so I need to fit one & then I can tune yes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,

Any of you guys still have your cars? I see this is an older thread now.

I'm keen to get involved in some aftermarket work on my 2001 9-3 Aero

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
6 Participants
AussieAero
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing