SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally ordered my tune....I went with the Nordic Tune from Talliaferro. They answered all my questions and the price and turn around seem reasonable.

Has anyone with a 2.0t tried this tune?

I hope to get it to the dyno before and after. As soon as I do I will post results.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am interested in this tune as well, did you have to mail out the ecu? if thats the case what kind of turnaround time did you experience?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have it in my 2003 2.0t vector, and its absolutly fabolous. I have the stage 2. ECU plus middle and rear exhaust from Ferrita, theorically now has 235bhp and 375NM. The difference from the standard car is huge, I had the Abbott ECU kit(210bhp 310NM) and is noticeable the difference from power and torque.

regards

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it looks as if I'll be waiting a few more days... Nick @ Talliferro has been very helpfull and strongly recommends that I hold out for the Nordic Tune so I'll be patient. No big deal. Seems as if he's a busy man these days, so business must be good. That says alot.

Isn't the stage 2 Nordic just a catback 2.5" in addition to the Stage 1 tune? That's the way it was explained to me, but I guess I'm not sure.

If this all works out, Stage 3 might be on the horizon very soon.....Nick tells me that 320 hp is easily in reach....wow!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
slonomo said:
Well, it looks as if I'll be waiting a few more days... Nick @ Talliferro has been very helpfull and strongly recommends that I hold out for the Nordic Tune so I'll be patient. No big deal. Seems as if he's a busy man these days, so business must be good. That says alot.

Isn't the stage 2 Nordic just a catback 2.5" in addition to the Stage 1 tune? That's the way it was explained to me, but I guess I'm not sure.

If this all works out, Stage 3 might be on the horizon very soon.....Nick tells me that 320 hp is easily in reach....wow!
I think they are working on a new tune with Nordic. In a thread I made about a week ago I was asking about custom tuning. I want more than 300hp and he hinted that they are working on a gasoline tune of his custom E85 tune.

·
Registered
243 Posts
slonomo said:

I also read that the stg 2 nordic is a catback 2.5 and software and you are up to 235 hp. That is what i was thinking about doing after my warranty expires. (was going bsr but this sounds much better).

you said 320 hp but is that on a linear? sounds like we will need a turbo upgrade if we want to go that high. Hell I would be happy with arround 250hp in my linear.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r3awak3n said:
I also read that the stg 2 nordic is a catback 2.5 and software and you are up to 235 hp. That is what i was thinking about doing after my warranty expires. (was going bsr but this sounds much better).

you said 320 hp but is that on a linear? sounds like we will need a turbo upgrade if we want to go that high. Hell I would be happy with arround 250hp in my linear.
Well, on the Linear, yes we need a new turbo, injectors, catback, downpipe, and tune....but man, 320 HP? yeah I'd be happy with 250 also... I was also told that with the Nordic Tune there is almost unlimited tuning capability. The downside is you'd have to take your car in, or send the ecu.

Once Nick gives me the word I'll be sending the ECU to Genuine Saab for the stage one tune and I'll probably go ahead and get the 2.5" catback quiet setup as well. That'll give 235hp and 266 lb ft. I'll see how I like that first, then look into the next levels...

·
Registered
423 Posts
On the actual Nordic website, the call the 235hp variant Stage 2.
What would stop anyone from ordering the Stage 2 software, and keeping the stock exhaust on? It probably wouldn't flow as much, but catback exhausts don't often make a great deal of difference in terms of power.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The stock exhaust on the linear is 2.25", the aftermarket one is 2.5".
The CAT on the stock car is 600 Cell I believe, and the aftermarket one, depending on which configuration is 2 x 100 Cell CATs.

Not only better flow for better spool, it doesn't trap as much heat.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The stock exhaust on the linear is 2.25", the aftermarket one is 2.5".
The CAT on the stock car is 600 Cell I believe, and the aftermarket one, depending on which configuration is 2 x 100 Cell CATs.

Not only better flow for better spool, it doesn't trap as much heat.
Ah ok interesting.. but as stage 2 is the same price, say you lose 10hp due to restrictions, then you'd still have 225hp as opposed to 210hp?

I know these aren't exactly accurate calculations, but it is unlikely there is a hp and torque jump like that solely due to a cat-back!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Its not always about the power. with so much heat trapped. and the fueling for 235hp, and not enough airflow out. I think its going to be more than just 10hp of loss. But since we are all speculating.

1) fueling for 235hp, runs richer if there is not enough air coming in and going out.
2) Heat trapped in the exhuast systems
3) poorer air flow in the mid to high end, where your hp matters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Dach
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing