SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently experiencing random misfire (Code P0300) while accelerating under full boost. If I ease into the acceleration I cannot trigger the misfire, but if I go into it quickly I trigger either a solid CEL or flashing CEL. My indie mechanic has pulled a Misfire code (P1301) on Cylinder #1 about two weeks ago which has since disappeared and yesterday he pulled a Misfire code (P1304) on Cylinder #4.... Any thoughts?

We've replaced the ignition cassette with a new unit for test purposes, put in new plugs, run multiple bottles of injector cleaner, checked the fuel pressure, replaced all vaccum lines, and checked the compression (which seems to be fine). He said his next recommendation is to pull the injectors and have a look.

Here's a list of current upgrades to the engine of my 2000 9-5 Aero:

Nordic Stage 3 ECU
3.5 bar FPR
3 inch Downpipe w/ Race Cat
Remus Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Filter in Stock box
Forge BPV

After reading all I could find I was hoping it would turn out to be the Ignition Casette, unfortunately, it was not... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Zebulon said:
Man! that Chris 9-5 kid knows his stuff!................:cheesy: Zebulon
:lol: lol :lol:

Only if it works :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris, looks like you went through a very similar situation... It'd be great if I could jump right to the solution! I'll try replacing the CPS and let you know how it goes;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
mope said:
Chris, looks like you went through a very similar situation... It'd be great if I could jump right to the solution! I'll try replacing the CPS and let you know how it goes;)
Fingers crossed for ya ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bad news... :cry: Replaced the Crank Positioning Sensor but nothing has changed.. Gonna pull the injectors this afternoon and have a look. Any other recommendations?

Thanks much!

Mason

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
mope said:
Bad news... :cry: Replaced the Crank Positioning Sensor but nothing has changed..
D'oh :confused:

What plugs you using?

·
Registered
809 Posts
What are exact readings of fuel pressure? May I also suggest throttle body-inspection,cleaning or replacement-as I know TB ageing somehow in this cars and sometimes strange behaviour appear.:roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I first noticed the misfire I was running BCPR7ES copper plugs, the first change we made was swapping back to stock platinums... The fuel pressure is between 3 - 4.5 Bar.

Last night we pulled the injectors, checked the flow pattern, cleaned them. Pulled the air filter checked for blockage, replaced the MAF, Disconnected the exhaust from Cat back and regardless of what we tried ran into the same symptoms.. Going to try unbolting the downpipe and running it to see if the cat could be plugged.

Any other suggestions?

As always, thanks much!

Mason

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
What happens if you put the stock ECU in?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Have you checked the MAP sensor, recently mine was blocked up and it presented itself as a misfire of sorts(big stutter under high boost) followed by a CEL.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just took the car back in, we're gonna pull the downpipe and see what happens, also take a look at the connection to the DIC. Keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Replaced the vacuum lines as well as the boost solenoid/valve on the firewall... Is that the one which you are referring to?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts