SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have some definitive dyno numbers who has a Nordic Stage 3 tuned ecu on their T5 manual?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would really like to see this too! I either want to get stage 3 or 4 but those dyno numbers hold the answer!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are stage 4 numbers supposed to be for your HOT. As far as I see it, if I can actually get 280hp with stage 3 ill be happy for life.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Over on saablink, Danthegolfer just dynoed his 98 ng900 with nordic stg3 plus the viggen intercooler at SOC.

242hp at the wheels:eek:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm pretty sure that wasn't dan....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
stromer said:
I'm pretty sure that wasn't dan....
yeah good call since danthegolfer lives in Roanoke, VA...ill ask Cedric who it was exactly again

·
Registered
136 Posts
900 SEed to answer your question, just from what I see on Genuine Saab they are saying stage 4 w/ HOT puts me at 293hp and I was aiming for 300, but I definetly wouldn't complain!

·
Registered
113 Posts
That was Dan aka Snow4_1man, not danthegolfer and he put up good numbers I dynod my car last month and got 200hp, 290 tq...however my wastegate actuator has not been put in and at high rpm's my boost is only mid yellow, the stock wastegate simply cant take it. Had my boost stayed max red which nordics spring allows, im confident i would of hit the 280bhp mark no problem. Once I get my wastegate spring in (it's sitting right beside me, im lazy) I'll redyno my car. It was alsp 97F ambient when i dynod too, but happy with that tq.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
NDS said:
900 SEed to answer your question, just from what I see on Genuine Saab they are saying stage 4 w/ HOT puts me at 293hp and I was aiming for 300, but I definetly wouldn't complain!
Now is this with the t25 or td04? I was thinking about getting a 3"dp, i have a saab sport exhaust, td04, then whatever ecu would compliment it best. Stupid question, but are the ecus actually only around $300 due to the $250 refundable core charge?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe the $250 will be over and above the $550. If you can find a good ecu for under $200 and you want to keep a stock ecu on hand, just in case. I would go for it. That way you wont have to worry about the core charge and you will have an extra.

·
Registered
136 Posts
julianBC said:
Now is this with the t25 or td04?
I gotta '99 so I still have the t25. But i will probably have to upgrade to the td04 if I end up going with a stage 3 or 4, since that would be pushing the little t25 beyond it's capacity.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Stage 3 is the max for a t25. Stage 4 warrants a td04 or a t28/25 hybrid.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They're pretty comperable to the td04 in terms of power output. A tuner would tell you more specifically at what capacity they're being used. I think Maptun is one of the tuners that reccomends the t28 hybrid over the td04.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Alright thanks! I'm waiting for a reply from Jak Stoll on the hybrid, but he doesn't get back till Tuesday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, Ya I’m not Dan the golfer, Thanks for clearing that up.
I was fairly happy with the results from the dyno run. Def had a few people guess less on what my output was going to be. Glad the numbers where high for a stock turbo. I’m sure that I can get higher numbers out of the car with some throttle body pipes new intercooler. With some things ported and polished. I will be able to get about above 258whp and about 15 more torque.

As far as mods for my car, Cedric said exactly that I have, The good thing about Nordic is that they supply a WGA spring that they give you with the software. As far as I know no other Company offers this. I hit full boost about 3800 as if I had the stock spring I would be leaking boost towards top end and would not even hold. The Nordic Spring I believe is good for about 2.1 bar.

NGK spark plugs

Royal Purple in Engine and Tranny

HKS Intake

·
Registered
36 Posts
T-25 can be good upto 300hp, but it won't last very long and is run way out of it's effciency range. I've done this with a 1.5mm water injection nozzel for about six months. Lots of fun but it won't last for long.

TD04 is a good turbo, but the hybride 18T is very hard to find. The only real source for this is in Sweden and because of this it cost plenty of $$$.

19T can be found on Ebay and is a very popular upgrade for the Asian cars. The 19T can be bought and then upgraded on your TDO4 very inexpensively.

T25/28 is a great turbo and can be used to around 300hp. I don't like this turbo because it's very expensive for what you get and for the same money you could have the GT28R.

My choice is a GT28R which is a bb turbo and is good to 280hp and can be spun to 300hp. Now you also have to be careful with the GT28R because Garrett is now changing it to the GT25 and replacing the old GR28R with a newer larger turbo that will be rated to around 330hp. I know the guys at Garrett fairly well and this decision was made about 3 months ago. The only trick with getting this turbo set up perfectly is getting the correct wastegate set because the wastegate that comes with the turbo is an non-adjustable unit. I would recommend using a 12 or 14 psi waste with this set up.

I would also look at some very inexpensive 6024(sorry it's late my numbers may be off) that can be added to the TD04 that are rated to around 375whp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts