SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aero Nordic stage 3 kit/clutch/wheels

1.Alright I own a 9000 Aero, I absolutly love the car, this is currently my second one. I have a few questions. I am looking into getting the Nordic stage 3 kit which includes the full upgraded exhaust system and nordic ecu. Supposedly to upgrade the Aero to 290hp. Also i am going to get the open air intake from genuinesaab.com besides top of the line filters/plugs/wires and such these would be the only engine performance upgrades that i would do. My question is would i have to upgrade my clutch or will the aero stock clutch be sufficient?
Question 2... I like the 16" super aero wheels but i would like to get another aftermarket set to put on them. If i got 17" rims would it significantly reduce my acceleration? the rims would be very light as light or lighter than then stock...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!

You should probably try posting this in the 9000-section to get more/better answers, this section is for the gm900/9-3.

·
Registered
493 Posts
wrong forum mate. this is the ng900 / 9-3... you need teh 9000 forum!

Good luck tho, apparently 290+ is pretty easy on a 9000 sero. :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
depends on how your ecu is mapped - best find out

If its - maptune style - then you can get away with it ( nice and civilised with a focus on the power higher up the rpm = easy on clutch)
If its big on mid range torque then it will eat your std clutch

you can help - by
1) keep your base boost a bit on the low side to reduce the initial torque build
2) drive using the gearbox - low gear high rpm versus high gear low rpm
3) don,t imediatly WOT - bring on the boost to about 15psi, let the revs climb to say 3500 then give it WOT

Ref: 17" rims & accel. = no measurable impact if you fit the matching side wall size i.e. drop down to 45,s I think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts