SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
No worries.
Let me ask u again, to go down the ecu connector and check for power on the three pins (1,5,28)
With the relay jumped ofcourse

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Are u sure u r testing the correct pins man ? If u r sure u might have a bad fuse box, or ofcourse wiring issue between the box and the ecu .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well i am testing the ones that you said on the larger connector .... However to be sure I tested every one of them....

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
You have typical ECU wiring harness failure.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Wires breaks in several points, so OP should check all wires with multimeter.
I personally re-route new wires between ECU and UEC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You have typical ECU wiring harness failure.
This makes sense presumably an auto electrician will be able to deal with this? I have one looking at the car on Wednesday so at least I can point him in the right direction, however this does sound a complicated / expensive job

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Not necessary. If relay control wire is broken, relay can not activate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not necessary. If relay control wire is broken, relay can not activate.
But even when I jumped the relay (which I think a break in the feed was what we were testing for) the car still did not start and despite the eCU light on the dashboard coming on (at last) the power did not go to the ECU which suggests at least more than one break...... presumably, or would I be right in thinking maybe the common denominator here, the ignition switch?..I don't know this is frying my brain....

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
With electrical wiring issues you have to be methodical,i've done plenty in the 25yrs+ working on cars..And in that plenty,4 were fire damaged..

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
U jumped the relay and still no power to the ecu pins, fuse box is bad or wiring, if it is wiring, then it mist be more than 1 wire cause there should be 3 power supplies to the ecu, so most probably they are all broken at the same location and thats something i havnt seen except for damage from rats and mouse

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
You might have several broken wires.
You could also have bad ECU.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
He could have several broken wires or bad ECU.
I have met several bad ECUs.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
He have an obvious problem that power is not getting to ECU ! So he will have to fix that first which only can be bad UEC or wires .. only then if there is other problems can be diagnosed right ?

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I have met NONE bad UECs.

All of non-start diesels had broken wires or bad ECU.
ECU shell has a well at processor to cool it in shell. This pit collects dirt and moisture and it eats puncture of shell.
End result is wet mud inside (defective) ECU.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts