SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the upgraded suspension kit (to replace the early 94 style)
Everything mounted really smoothly and only took about two hours once the old components were removed. BUT I did not do the front sway bar. The old one is not compatible so even though it is still there it is not attached to the control arms in any way. I do have the new bar, but at this point I don't have the tools or the time to change it out since it is very involving.(raise engine, detach exaust, lower subframe) My question is, will it damage the components if I were to carefully drive around like this? (like to a shop where I can rent the proper jacks, tools, etc) I also upgraded to a 22mm rear sway bar so the balance is that much more off.

Will I just have mad frontend body roll? Extreme oversteer? What exactly is the roll of this bar?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
boxman said:
wont the anti roll bar still fix to the origianal mounting points on the front struts
No it wont...

The original 94 or so AR bar such as is mine.. Fits to the radius arms via droplinks. The new or later setup such as you later 900 and 93 boys and girls have the AR bar reaches to the lower arm and attaches via a different style of droplink.

If you drive without the AR bar anchored be ready for some fun. The car can be driven but it sure will roll some.....:lol:

Dead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts