SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I noticed both of my front springs are broken. I called the Saab dealer and they're going to replace them under the extended warranty, however, they said they can only get the springs from the 4cyl. The service advisor said the car will sit lower than the Aero springs because the V6 is heavier. I'm not sure if that's really the case :confused:

Anyone know for sure what kind of height I'd be looking at? I have to pay $100 for them to align it, but if it's going to sit high, I'd rather spend the extra $200 and just get some Vogtlands and do all 4.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
From what I recall, the V6 is marginally heavier (~100 lbs). With the difference in weight being the difference between having a young child in the passenger seat or not, I can't see it being lower. He doesn't know what he's talking about or he's trying to put one past you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would not go for that, with a v6 having springs from a 4 cylinder your right will likely be smoother but you would bottom out all over the place, not to mention how quickly it can wear on your bushings when they take up the extra load

·
Registered
702 Posts
As long as the dealer is following the interchange list from Sweden it will be ok.

Hi guys,

I noticed both of my front springs are broken. I called the Saab dealer and they're going to replace them under the extended warranty, however, they said they can only get the springs from the 4cyl. The service advisor said the car will sit lower than the Aero springs because the V6 is heavier. I'm not sure if that's really the case :confused:

Anyone know for sure what kind of height I'd be looking at? I have to pay $100 for them to align it, but if it's going to sit high, I'd rather spend the extra $200 and just get some Vogtlands and do all 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts