SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 9-5 aero and have ordered the phone adapter for RHD models. I also require a car handsfree kit that will mute the stereo for incoming calls and relay the conversation through the speakers.

Can you give examples of which kit you use and what phones you can use with them, in the hope I can get one that is compatible!!

Many Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got a Sony Ericsson HCA-20 fitted which I use with a K700i. It's plumbed in so that the sound comes through the stereo.

To do this you need a special Saab adapter cable which connects the output from the handsfree box into the loom

I originally bought phone cable p/n 400108130 but when we got the car apart it turned out to be the wrong one, and we needed a newer cable p/n 12801584 instead. It sounds like you've got one on order already - might be worth double checking which one you need.

The difference is the connector and I *think* the change was introduced on the 2001 "minor facelift". My Aero Estate is March 01 if that helps.

The lead comes with some generic instructions on how to wire it up - one end has a connector that goes to the loom and the other end is bare for connection to the handsfree box. There aren't many connections so I guess it should work with most standard car kits.

I also got the aerial plumbed in using yet another cable, but you can only do that if your phone has an external aerial socket (some do, most don't).

The only other tip I picked up was to use an external mic rather than the Saab one as I was told it's not very good - it's on the wrong side for us Brits for one thing!

dan_aero

1 - 2 of 2 Posts