SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my SAAB 93_SE with 130K miles.
After some exhaust and basic tunnings, it is running
smoothly.

I am having trouble with a fan:
It is located behind the center console, below the radio.
It begins to run as soon as I start the car and does not
stop until 10 minutes after the car has been off.

I tried reprograming all the ACC settings, disconnecting the
fuses. But it is always on, It is the only noise in my car,
disturbing the flight of my jet....

Any suggestions are welcome!

jfa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
ok so you know the spot on the center console where your heated seats switches are... there is a blank button filler with a couple of circle like wholes... there is some sort of sensor behind that... unplug it and the noise should stop...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
The little fan shuts off a couple minutes after the ignition is turned off. Mine was making noise so I pulled it apart, cleaned and lubricated it and put it back into the car. Quiet as can be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
byastremski said:
ok so you know the spot on the center console where your heated seats switches are... there is a blank button filler with a couple of circle like wholes... there is some sort of sensor behind that... unplug it and the noise should stop...

So, how do I unplugg the sensor? Should I just pull it out of the console.
Any Screws.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr rx-7 tt said:
The little fan shuts off a couple minutes after the ignition is turned off. Mine was making noise so I pulled it apart, cleaned and lubricated it and put it back into the car. Quiet as can be.

I have been trying to have access to the fan, but I can't find a way to
get a hold of it. Does the console open up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Jofalvar said:
I have been trying to have access to the fan, but I can't find a way to
get a hold of it. Does the console open up?
I pulled the panel off the passenger side console to gain access. I think you can pop it out from the front though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Pull the aircon control unit out, slide it out from the front using two thin flexible blades similar to a putty knife and you can push the air con sensor out.

Be very careful when you clean it its very sensitive and they cost a whopping £72 to replace, i know from experience;oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
I managed to kill the noise just by spraying lubrication through the hole in the console with a long and thin nozzle (the ones that often comes with those spray bottles of lubrication).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
pade900 said:
I managed to kill the noise just by spraying lubrication through the hole in the console with a long and thin nozzle (the ones that often comes with those spray bottles of lubrication).
i thought of doing this since im having this little fan issue as well. but i didnt want to spray and damage anything else behind there. is it safe to spray through the holes and what product would be best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Mine was very easy to remove. I don't have my 900se here at home currently (intercooler upgrade and in a buddys garage) so I can't look, but I think I removed the ashtray and simply reached in and popped them out. I'd have to see a pic of the dash to verify but I certainly didn't remove the pass. side kick panel.
I blew all the dust from it with compressed air and then lubricated it well with multi-purpose oil that had a built in dropper.
My little fan now purrs like a kitten. Before it was very annoying!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
sleet said:
i thought of doing this since im having this little fan issue as well. but i didnt want to spray and damage anything else behind there. is it safe to spray through the holes and what product would be best
I have had zero issues since, it just gathers a bit more dust so don't overspray it.
The best thing is to take the whole thing a part so you can lubricate the exact right places but if you're too lazy like me, spraying through the holes does the trick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
ok i just got done spraying that little fan with some lubricant and it helped but i could still hear it so i just went ahead and disconnected it. this is a inside temperature sensor right? i for the most part if using the heat or ac i have it turned all the way hot or all the way cold and i dont have it on to much, so having this disconnected shouldnt affect me much right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
If you have it out just take it apart, clean it with a q-tip and oil each end of the motor shaft, reassemble and plug it back in.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top