SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noise in my car when turning the steering will to lock in curve, only in a hilly road, slope of a garage and so, but never in a flat surface. The sounds come from the front of the car and the noise is like gronk...gronk...gronk...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have to check tire rubbing. I think that the wheel bearing sounds continously, not only when turning the steering wheel. I would think more of CV joints.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Wheel bearings tend to make less noise when loaded, more noise when unloaded. Turning the car left or right will tend to uncover a problem with a wheel bearing on the opposite side.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheel bearings tend to make less noise when loaded, more noise when unloaded. Turning the car left or right will tend to uncover a problem with a wheel bearing on the opposite side.
I also think that uphill it doesnt make it worse if it will be the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Probably true, but since we don't know where the noise is coming from or what it sounds like, I think everyone is just throwing out things that make noise. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a bad wheel bearing, but I was unable to determine what side it was on even when I drove on curvy roads. It wasn't until I jacked up one side of the car and ran it in gear did the location of the noise become obvious.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On my Durango, my wheel bearing was make a little noise going striaght at highway speeds, but when turning, it became apparent something was really wrong. (don't know on the saab, but the durango was less than $100 from rockauto and an hour or two of work).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts