SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everytime i hit a bump, I hear a jiggling noise from my driverside front and i can feel a slight vibration with the noise. My fiance says bushings, tie rods ect look good. It only makes the noise while driving and not when parked and being pushed up and down. The shocks aren't the best but I don't know what this noise is. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I had a similar problem when I first got my car, it turns out that one complete turn of the front springs had snapped off and was tangled/sitting at the bottom of the springs. When you pushed the car up and down, wouldn't make a peep, but over bumps when driving it would rattle non stop. Might be worth just looking under there, but I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
It seems like everytime i hit a bump, I hear a jiggling noise from my driverside front and i can feel a slight vibration with the noise. My fiance says bushings, tie rods ect look good. It only makes the noise while driving and not when parked and being pushed up and down. The shocks aren't the best but I don't know what this noise is. Any suggestions?
At the front brake caliper, there is a spring which keeps everything firmly in place when the brakes are not being used. Otherwise, there would be some play between the front caliper bracket, the brake caliper, and the brake pad. If the spring is not doing its job (came out and lost, bent, rusted and broken...) the front brake will have some play in it, and on bumpy roads, it will jingle a bit. There may also be a bit of a vibration, because the pad may be vibrating against the disc with rotation of the wheel. If that is the case, the noise will go away if the brake is applied, even lightly, because the brake pressure will steady the pads and the caliper. So, you can press on the brake pedal lightly while going over bumps to see if the noise is coming from there.

Front sway bar link is another possibility. It is really hard to see if the bushing and the bolts are intact.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
if it's over bumps it can be blown shock absorber or broken strut mount

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lowbudgethero, you are right! I took it to tire kingdom and we knew the shocks weren't the best, but the mount is definitly in need of replacing. Thanks for ya'lls time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts