SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello people i have some noise most like it is bearings, up front, it sound like from the front . Need help . I thought it was bad tires, no it's not i just put brand new tires last night ,and still same noise any suggestions thanks in advance .

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well you can turn the wheels left to right while going down the road and see if it goes away and comes back with each turn, as it will load and unload the bearings left to right.

another thing would be to jack the front end up and check them for play, grab the wheel and see if there is excessive play, will feel like the wheel lugs are loose even though they are tight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well you can turn the wheels left to right while going down the road and see if it goes away and comes back with each turn, as it will load and unload the bearings left to right.

another thing would be to jack the front end up and check them for play, grab the wheel and see if there is excessive play, will feel like the wheel lugs are loose even though they are tight.
It's different barring which located i believe on the middle in front :(

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Tarlan you are saying that your bearing noise is in the middle of the engine compartment or in the middle of the front tires?

If it is the middle of the front tires (the center of the tires), then as planosaab mentioned the wheel bearing could be the issue.

I believe the 2001 model onwards, if it is the wheel bearing you have to change a full set of hub with the bearing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tarlan you are saying that your bearing noise is in the middle of the engine compartment or in the middle of the front tires?

If it is the middle of the front tires (the center of the tires), then as planosaab mentioned the wheel bearing could be the issue.

I believe the 2001 model onwards, if it is the wheel bearing you have to change a full set of hub with the bearing.
no it is not by the tire it's somewhere on the middle of the car . So and i have 02 Aero anybody knows how much time it take to change that ? and what's the name of this part need exact if anybody know would help .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

no it is not by the tire it's somewhere on the middle of the car . So and i have 02 Aero anybody knows how much time it take to change that ? and what's the name of this part need exact if anybody know would help .
:roll:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It would be better if you could be more specific on the noise area so that the forumers can assists accordingly.

Is it at the serpentine belt area, radiator fan area, transmission area etc?

Photo of the area where you think the noise is coming from would be a good input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be better if you could be more specific on the noise area so that the forumers can assists accordingly.

Is it at the serpentine belt area, radiator fan area, transmission area etc?

Photo of the area where you think the noise is coming from would be a good input.
i can not find it damn it :( i think it sound where transmission area , i know for sure it's not wheel barrings we checked them .

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i can not find it damn it :( i think it sound where transmission area , i know for sure it's not wheel barrings we checked them .
The best is to have a mechanics stethescope to probe the area where the noise is.

If it is at the transmission area, it could be the trans itself (check the trans fluid), the vacuum pump (maybe not as I do not think it gives a loud enough sound) or the radiator fan motor.

Hope you find the culprit.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The best is to have a mechanics stethescope to probe the area where the noise is.

If it is at the transmission area, it could be the trans itself (check the trans fluid), the vacuum pump (maybe not as I do not think it gives a loud enough sound) or the radiator fan motor.

Hope you find the culprit.:)
Well i have stick 5 spd i don't think it's trans reason it's only between 55-60 miles nothing before nothing after i mean noise only at this spd any body had this problem people ??????
:roll:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Vibration at speed is either bad alignment or a bent rim. Found that out the hard way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vibration at speed is either bad alignment or a bent rim. Found that out the hard way.
i don't have any vibration , but i do hear some noise like bad bearing ,but it is not wheel bearings , i don't know what thought

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a weird noise above 55 last week also. When my mechanic put it up on the lift we saw that the rear muffler heat shield had rusted pretty badly and was flaking off. Also one of the brackets holding it broke off. I was hearing the rear muffler rattle. Also, I think that when the air at higher speeds gets under the loose heat shield, it rattles even more. I'm going to have to replace the rear muffler soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a weird noise above 55 last week also. When my mechanic put it up on the lift we saw that the rear muffler heat shield had rusted pretty badly and was flaking off. Also one of the brackets holding it broke off. I was hearing the rear muffler rattle. Also, I think that when the air at higher speeds gets under the loose heat shield, it rattles even more. I'm going to have to replace the rear muffler soon.
how would i see, should i check muffler or my pipes i don't think i heard anything when we lift my car , but may be i missed it got to check then .

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can crawl under the rear of the car and look at the rear muffler to see if it is loose or if any of the brackets are broken. It will be pretty obvious if it's rusty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can crawl under the rear of the car and look at the rear muffler to see if it is loose or if any of the brackets are broken. It will be pretty obvious if it's rusty.
last time i saw i think they were change by the first owner .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts