SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am new here and sorry to not introduce myself properly.

Anyway great forum and I have a $1,000 question.

My car is a 2003 9-3 2.0T Arc

The problem is with my wipers and washers.
They worked fine since a few months ago. I get 3 speeds (technicly 2 speeds Hi and low). My wipers do not park, the onlyway to get them back in posistion is by manualy shutting them off when they rest. I also do not get any wiper spray or headleamp spray.

Now for the past 3 months the spray never worked along with the wiper problem, ironicly 4 weeks ago I made a sharp turn and hit a little bumb and "they worked until I turned the car off" They worked, but not at full pressure, and wiper blades still wouldnt park. Also this past week I brought it in the repair shop to get inspected and I parked the car on a slight incline and just as I was showing the mechanic how they didnt worked, it worked again. But after he turned the car off and brought it in, nothing again.

He is a highly reputable mechanic and he is baffled with this, he tried replacing the switch but nothing. The next step unfortunatly I may have to take is bring it into the dealership and it will cost $1000 or more.

Any suggestions, even just to get the window washers to work?

Thanks All

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You HrlDrony, my mechanic called me today. He got a rebuilt motor from somewhere and he said it fixed the problem, also the linkage was messesed up as well with stripped bolts, dont' know the details but he is putting the sticker to pas inspection now. It cost about $300 to fix it with labor I think. I am picking my car up sometime this week and can let anyone know any furthur details if necesary

Thanks again.

·
Registered
489 Posts
sounds you got a good price ;)

i bought my used motor from lkq and paid about $100 just for the motor... so 300 for motor, linkage and labor is pretty nice.
i had the exact same problem with my car. once i swapped the motor, all worked well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds you got a good price ;)

i bought my used motor from lkq and paid about $100 just for the motor... so 300 for motor, linkage and labor is pretty nice.
i had the exact same problem with my car. once i swapped the motor, all worked well.
Hey, yeah not bad, the other alternative was sending it to the dealership, but after reading this forum that guy JL that directed me to that link saved the day same with that orginaly link. I pick my car up wed or thursday, just have to raise cash first. It also got inspected and the new oil ect... in there and some minor fixes, but all good. I will post a photo of it when I get er back.

I wouldn't say it is rare but I look at the same saabs up to 2008, and this thing looks brand new with the Steel Gray Metalic paint and 6 Speed for 2003 Arc and fully loaded, I think the original sticker price was 34k in 2003. I love the fact that people don't know it is a 2003 and I only got 10 more car payments left :) I bought it 2006.

Sorry I am not trying to brag at all but just happy to know that it is coming home soon. For the past 2-3 weeks I have been driving an 89 corrolla with rust everwhere meeting clients and such and the car can't even lock, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts