SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
A noid light is just an LED light... GM and Bosch generally use the same injector. In my noid light kit, the correct light is the one labeled GM PFI.

The light visually shows you injector pulses. For each pulse, there is one flash of the light. during starting, Trionic 7 is batch fired so all four injectors will pulse at the same time.

The Tech 2 board is off the root of this website. This is the topic you're looking for:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks a lot again.
Unfortunately nobody with Tech 1 is listed in my state Connecticut.
By the way, how this running fan, every time when I crank the engine, can be explain?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I just finished NOID test There was no any pulsation or even a glare. I did that sequentially only on numer 4 and 3 as 1 and 2 had terrible access and I assummed 3 and 4 is good enough. Before that i did this " dangerous" test with removed DIC and plugs and the same no puff, no any sign, just nothing.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
This seems like the problem is the ECM. You have a CPS signal going in, triggering the fuel pump, but no injector pulse coming out.

There are other things to potentially try, but they require some specialized equipment. IMO, I would be pinning this on the ECM right now, and the next step for me would be to hook up a Tech 2. I know you said nobody in the Location thread indicated they were in CT, but maybe post a message and see if someone responds, or has a recommendation.

Others here may have other opinions, but this is my line of thinking.

Edit: One thing you should probably try is test for + voltage at the injector plug. I don't remember which terminal is which, but you can't hurt anything. Connect the - end of the multimeter to the battery ground, and the + side of the multimeter to one terminal of the injector plug and turn the key on. Don't start the engine. You should see 12v on the multimeter. if you don't, move the + on the multimeter to the other terminal.

Edit 2: There is also the possibility of an electrical problem like a blown fuse or bad ground, but I'm pretty sure you did a reasonable job of ruling that stuff out. The combo of no injector pulse and fan running and no communication over the OBD2 port really smells like ECM failure.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thank you very much for the quick response.As you advised I just checked voltage on harness to the #4 and 3 and there is correct voltage ~12.5 V.
I am leaning to giving up. For the last year I was more under the car than in the driving seat.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'll do 8 bucks for it.

Cash !!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
If you've got 12v at the injector, but no pulsing during starting, I think you're looking at a failed ECM. I think your next step involves Tech 2 no matter what.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Tech II Workshop in the second post there is a list, try NY west chester may work for you. if not ,I'll pay for the fuel plus 8 bucks.!!

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
You can order a Tech II from China for $300 and have it in a few days. I don't know anyone who has regretted buying one. If you leave the Saab space, you can always sell it to another Saaber for a discount (consider the difference a rental fee). You won't regret having one while owning a Saab.

EDIT: If you get a Tech II, you can pick up an ECU at the local u-pull that matches your car, install, "program" or marry it to the car, then see where you are. ECU's are not expensive. I can sell you one if you can't find one and you have a GT17 turbo. I can't load it with any other programs at this point but other guys around here could do that for you.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I have to find first if there is somebody with Tech 2 in my area. I am to old to invest in TECH2 myself and learn it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
This morning I started playing again with the engine. I sprayied generously starting fluid and the car started. While keeping it runing I checked injectors for with the stetoskope. All for had very clear klicking. I run the car running for ~ 30 minutes. Fan was going on and off in very civilized manner. While still running I hooked up my OBDII and it did connected ; there was no errors, three monitors 'INC". After shutting down I was able to start again. I tried at least 3 times, now I am waiting for the car to cool down and maybe repeat it. With engine off, but key on I was also able to connect my scanner. I am scared to take her for a ride, but tempted.
I believe that it is possible, that during repeated checking and testing I was able to touch some connectors. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thats what it says in the WIS, jiggle the wiring harness. Congrats, I'm guessing I'm on the hunt for another 8 dollar car.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Great !
My Saab has also almost new tires . And is RED
I kind of guessed that your Saab was Red.

I have to find first if there is somebody with Tech 2 in my area. I am to old to invest in TECH2 myself and learn it.
Tech II is not that complicated. Fixed buttons and options. With a little guidance, you could easily program an ECU... your latest victory notwithstanding!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I wonder if there is a break in the harness somewhere... Maybe something shorting?

If you can get it running again, I would move the harness and connectors around - poke and prod everything. See if you can get it to stall.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
I went for a long walk to cool down and vent all the emotions came back and hook up scanner. I did connect and display was the same, no errors and 3 monitors incomplete. I turn the key and it started. I am going to wiggle the harness as recommended by WIS.
UPdate: Was not able to stall engine. Maybe I was to gentle. I will be repeating all this tomorrow.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts