SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my 1995 9000 Aero went from running off (because of a vacum line being off which I found 2 days ago while replacing the cps) to running violently and not going anywhere. I shut it off for fear of hurting the car. Let it sit a min, started it and it started right up but was still running violently so I shut it off, towed it home and now it wont start. It will crank for days but wont start. Battery is good. I can hear the feul pump when I turn the key and crank the engine (I think) I have replaced the DIC for a known good one, and also tried replacing the cps sensor (which I was positive was the problem) and still have no luck. A friend of mine brought over Tech 2 (I believe) but we were unable to find the OBD port and I have been told my car does not have one. Is this true? and does anyone know what else to look for? Im completely stumped and this is my daily driver :/
This was my symptoms thread - http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176325

If anyone has any advice as to what may be the problem or how to diagnose it I would be supremely grateful! Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
start with basics (gas/spark/compression)..you may hear the pump but...get an old jar or pop bottle and go under the hood disconnect the fuel line and have someone crank her for a few seconds you should have good volumn also note the condition of the fuel (water/debris/etc.)..also try to disconnect the IAC (she will run in a base mode) they can cause the car to run with a really violent idle fluctuation even a no start...these are a few tests that can be done with really no tools no money and less than a half hour of your time...good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh sorry forgot i posted this here lol I was outta gas.. I put too much trust in the miles to go computer... yeah... i know.. but when I did drive her again it was running and driving great.. but it wasn't performing.. like my turbo gets very choppy and heavy when it gets into the red, unlike the smooth quick boost I used to have..

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now the revs are ****ed.. I was driving it to make sure I wasnt leaking oil any more, gunned it, still choppy.. but then the revs came down to 2000 rpm and bounced between 2-3000 rpm.. this has happened before and shutting it off, letting it sit usually cures it. But today I went to drive it to school and turned it on and it went straight to 2500 rpm... if anybody has any idea whats going on I would greatly appreciate the help... Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And another simple fix, aic valve blew a hose that was buried so I couldnt see it.. Thanks to all those that helped though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts