SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. This is going to be a long read but i appreciate anyone who will take the 5 minutes to go over this.

I've been struggling with a very inconsistent issue with the car. It drives and runs amazing but over the last few months it has had a starting issue. This is not battery, starter, plugs, coils or anything else that is a common go-to. It started a few months ago when i drove to work and slammed on the breaks really hard because... well, people don't know how to drive. That night after work all my gauges would freeze intermittently and I would loose "manual-mode" on the auto transmission. Seeing this happen when its cold -25c is not new to me as I know the wheel speed sensor tends to not like it. So I figured maybe the breaks got soo hot during that "event" that it fried the wheel speed sensor. Next day the car runs like nothing happened. Next day the car did not start. I turned the car off, got out, closed the doors, locked it and tried again. This time it started and ran fine all the way to work but again it would randomly freeze all my gauges and I would loose control of "manual-mode" (when i say loose control, i mean when i push the shifter left to select manual mode, the dash remains with the label D instead of what gear I am in. Also trying to manually shift does nothing). The next morning the car did not start, no matter what I did. There were no codes, but I still reset the ECM. I unplugged the battery to further reset computers. Nothing. No crank. Everything powers up fine and sounds normal but when i turn the key to crank, all i can hear is the fuel pump start to prime and them silence. No crank. I had it towed to my local saab guys, and after doing my own research on saabs with similar issues, we both came to the conclusion that is was the ABS module. He replaced it and sure enough, nothing happened. The car still did not start. Upon marrying the ABS module, there was a communication fault which apparently came from the radio so we took out my icm3 and put in a icm1 (i also have a icm2). The car started up after a few more attempts. After a few days of the car not showing any issues, He sent me home with it and it has been issue free for 2 months Until yesterday. We thought that maybe there was an issue with the ICM so when this no-start happened again i just swapped to another ICM unit but nothing changed. It still will not start. So Again I had it towed to the shop, there are again no codes but this time the shop says it starts fine and they have no idea. WTF is going on. Anyone seen any issues like this? At this point I'm thinking ECM isn't sending the start signal??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it’s crazy that you just posted this. I just made an account so I could specifically reply to you. I also have an 0693, and I just had this issue again today. I had the car in storage for a while, but now I have it out and I’m driving it again. I am having all the other usual issues that people seem to have with these, my ICM failed, I’m having the theft protection failure, my feel pump is failing. This specific starting issue though we had previously diagnosed as being the ECU, so we replaced it. I had not had the issue for over a year again until today. I’m going into my shop guy next week, will see if we can come up with anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts