SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1994 900 SE second hand. She had under 100k miles on it and generally was in great shape. In the last week or so the dashboard has been going crazy and I'm trying to figure out where to begin attempting to fix things. Here are the issues I've noticed:

1) anti-lock break and exclamation point within a triangle appear on the dash and the speedometer drops to zero while in motion. Speedometer picks back up again after a bit but only if I'm hitting highway cruising speeds.

2) Sometimes the TCS off light appears on the dash, pressing the TCS control button by the climate controls does nothing. Other times TCS system engages briefly while driving, and then switches to TCS off.

3) "Info Displ" light illuminates and the display says low coolant, however it is always filled above the cold/kalt line in the coolant tank.

4) when slowing the car down to park sometimes the engine turns off once it is put in park or just as I'm shifting before I physically turn the ignition ff. I have noticed this primarily after I have driven distances where I reach at least 30+ mph. I have noticed this for a while before the other 3 issues appeared.

I have no idea where to start with this car, so if anyone has guidance they'd like to share please do!

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
1 and 2 probably the ABS module, could be a wheel sensor, but if you are losing the speedo then its either the module or rear left sensor, my money is on the module.
3 I wouldn't worry too much about this, probably just the sensor on the expansion tank, you can try to find a used sensor (they only come new with the tank), ignore it or sometimes cleaning the float inside the tank helps (if the float isn't returning to the correct spot rather than the sensor itself being bad).
4. Check for vacuum leaks, pay close attention to the small vacuum lines, replace if they aren't in good shape. A general tune up would probably be a good idea, plugs, wires, clean the MAF, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts