SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
yesterday i had my 93 valleted an now the headset doesnt seem to power up, totally dead. the cd player stiil ejects an takes cds so theres power there and the indicters no longer tic toc. can any1 help as to whats been damaged or how to fault find the problem

pls help i really cant drive without any music :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
no sound = Amp1

I have had this happen before and if you search the web you will find more info. I checked everything, but as I was told from the start it ended up being the Amp1 under the drivers seat. They aren't cheap, but Goldwingsaab.com has them for $325 or you can have the guys at saabradio.com fix your old one. He also gives it some waterproofing to it. Or like me, check eBay. Got mine for $300.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the carpet was cleaned,
and i had a feeling it wah to do with the amp under the pass seat but was hopein there wer some other things i could rule out before i start on it. like a fuse or any cables they may have interfeared with

·
Registered
57 Posts
amp1

Those fiber optics are VERY fragile. That would be my guess from what has happened to me.
I was a little confused when you said passenger seat, but then I looked at your location. Ha, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
9,469 Posts
Was going to mention amp1 under the pass seat,but being in the uk you could of had the 4 speaker system

which is why i asked how many speakers..as not to wrongly diagnose..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts