SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my front driver's seat in my '03 9-5 Aero wagon. The memory function has stopped working. I cannot program new position, but I can still move to previously stored positions. At the same time, I also cannot move the seat recline, but all other directions (front up/down, rear up/down, and forward/back) work fine.

I figured that the PSM (power seat memory) module under the seat was becoming wonky, so I swapped it out. No dice. So then I swapped out both the memory switch unit *and* the position switch unit. Still no dice.

I jiggled the wire harness a bunch to see if there was a short somewhere, and that was not helpful, either. All other connectors under the seat appear to be in good shape, too.

What should I do next? Am I missing some sort of reprogramming that I need to do when I swap out the PSM?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Have you checked M button? If that is not working, you can not store position to memory.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly: the M button is not accepting new memory positions. I swapped out the entire memory position unit, and both problems persist (not able to save seat positions to memory, and no seat recline).

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Have you tried after you swapped all in same time or just one by one?

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
A Tech II can be quite helpful, in scanning for memory errors, and I suppose activating the motors (my WIS is out of commission due to Windows update :confused:).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts