SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know who to call to get replacement parts for my MY07 when:
a- the dealer says there are none available?
b- saab customer service says there are none available?

9 weeks and my whole audio/NAV system still completely dead with no end in site.

isnt saab currently manufacturing cars with NAV units? - YES
aren't there currently thousands of GM cars with the same NAV hardware in them - YES
so how do they make them when there are no NAV units available - hmm, something fishy going on here.
I have checked the lemon laws and as long as it looks like they are trying, they really never have to repair the car beacuse there are numerous claims they can make.

sorry, I still love my car, but it is tiring listining to nothing but saweet turbo scream all the time.

just venting.

·
Banned
631 Posts
well if they dont want to listen to your request. 3 words that will scare the dealership.

Better Buisness Burrow

They like going after dealerships / used cars shops to ensure that everything is running properly.

Try it out :) see what they say.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get my lawer, go after the dealership, go after saab, but

I do not think it is the delearships fault. I really do not think they know what to do. if they can not get their own brand of parts. arent they hancuffed?

I will say though that personally, if I was the service group I would be on the phone with everyone and anyone from saab to solve their customers needs.

I do not know what rules they have to adhere to from GM.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
platypus said:
I would get my lawer, go after the dealership, go after saab, but

I do not think it is the delearships fault. I really do not think they know what to do. if they can not get their own brand of parts. arent they hancuffed?

I will say though that personally, if I was the service group I would be on the phone with everyone and anyone from saab to solve their customers needs.

I do not know what rules they have to adhere to from GM.
ask 4 the part numbers and give other dealers a call to see if they have the same problems. and search the net with the numbers to see what comes up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Call Saab USA Customer service and bypass the dealer and complain. Another option is get the part #s and find them yourself and then make the dealer pay for them...you are still under warranty. It is pretty hard to find nav parts for USA(LHD) models while ebay.UK always seems to have Nav systems for sale every month.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Nachoman said:
Call Saab USA Customer service and bypass the dealer and complain. Another option is get the part #s and find them yourself and then make the dealer pay for them...you are still under warranty. It is pretty hard to find nav parts for USA(LHD) models while ebay.UK always seems to have Nav systems for sale every month.
the rest of europe is LHD, is there not an ebay europe?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nachoman said:
I have been back and forth on the phone with saab customer service, and their repsonse was, "Huh, we're looking for a NAV unit. there doesn't seem to be any"
I'm like, not my problem. find one.
they said, "oh, just wait im sure one will turn up."

I sent a letter today saying, " how long is too long in SAAB/GM's mind. it has been 9 weeks. I would think that 2 weeks is the longest anyone should wait for anything on a brand new car"
no response.

I did have the idea that they should rip one out of a car on the lot, but there are issues as that part is coded for that car, etc. Again, not my problem, but I am sure they will not do that.
i would think somebody without the word SUCKER on their forehead would have found some way to complain and get the part fixed.
and even if worst case the car gets lemon law'd.
I want a saab, and I want an Aero 2007 black. good luck with that now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts