SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery went dead. I need the radio code. I've seen lots of responses that say the radio code is written on the top of the radio. I pulled the radio, and there are several stickers with numbers but no 4-digit code. I bought it used from an owner. There is no Saab dealership within 3 hours. Can anyone help me? I just don't feel like driving the vehicle far without something to hear besides the wind.

· Registered
12,419 Posts
My owners packet contained a small card with the code. I bought another one on eBay for $50 that contained the code.

You might try calling a few dealers; they may give you the code in exchange for your VIN and a charge to your credit card over the phone... Ron

· Registered
11,165 Posts
The dealer doesn't need the car's VIN, they just need the serial number on top of the radio. Like the last poster said, originally each car had the radio's code printed on a blue credit card-sized card. If you find a code written on top of the radio or in the owner's manual, it's only because a previous owner wrote it in there.

· Registered
115 Posts
if the dealers are worth anything they wont charge you for the code. Just tell them your battery went dead and you need the radio code. They ask you for the vin.

some of them may want you to "bring the car in" but its not required. If they give you a line about "security"(IE trying to imply the car is stolen or whatever) or that you need to bring it in. Don't waste your time. Just say thank you and hang up. Call the next Dealer on the list. You can call any dealer in the U.S. One of them will give you the code free of charge and over the phone. Don't pay for anything or take your car anywhere.

I've called a dealer in CA before to take advantage of the time zone difference.

· Registered
5,905 Posts
There is no Saab dealership within 3 hours. Can anyone help me? I just don't feel like driving the vehicle far without something to hear besides the wind.
You might try calling a few dealers; they may give you the code in exchange for your VIN and a charge to your credit card over the phone... Ron

But there is no dealers within 3 hours. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.