SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Just get a banjo to shraeder adapter, or a banjo to NPT adapter and then an NPT to shraeder. Easy.

Saab didn't use L-Jet, only LH-Jet. Subtle but important difference. But, all fuel injection requires a known pressure to work properly - an unknown pressure makes all the fuel tables wrong. That is why you need to measure pressure with a gauge and not just "crack a banjo and check for spray" ... It doesn't take much pressure to make a mess, but it requires a fair amount to run properly.

I experimented with a fuel pump priming system using a Revolution Electronics fuel pump controller. What I found was that in virtually all scenarios the prime function was not helpful. The check valve and FPR are responsible for keeping pressure in the system for quite some time, and it only takes a split second for the pump to build pressure. The stock system works great.... The only times you should potentially have extended cranks are after the car has been sitting a long time (many, many days) or on extremely hot days when you could potentially have boiling fuel in the rail.. but these are pretty extreme scenarios unlikely to be of issue. My '85 SPG on LH without priming started just as readily as the exact same car on T5 with priming. Those results were pretty well mimicked when I ran the car on LH with the Revolution controller... so it now lives in my Cadillac... at 22' long having the fuel pump prime the carb is very helpful. :)

41 - 41 of 41 Posts