SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried using some of the navigation functions for the onstar.. and I couldn't send any routes to my car, so I called up onstar. They tell me my car doesn't have that capability. I don't see why it's not available for the Saab. The website says all that's required is an abs system and directions and connections plan, which I have a free trial for.

I searched about this with no luck.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
you posted just today, it hasn't even been 10 hours.

second, i doubt a lot of people here use onstar...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
idk if you are being sarcastic or not but there is a reason most people don't use onstar.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Onstar blows. You can buy a portable gps unit for cheap now so I see no need for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Onstar blows. You can buy a portable gps unit for cheap now so I see no need for it.
I can use GPS on my phone, the problem is it's not always perfect. It's nice to have a backup. Besides, I have a 4 month trial for this. I'd like to get some good use out of it.

I don't care wether or not onstar blows.. all I want to know is if the onstar equipped 08's are supposed to have this capability, which no one has been able to answer so far.

That's all I want to know.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
do you have your user manual for the car? it should be in there

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
We don't have the ability because GM hates us...

A little skewed but basically true

·
Registered
683 Posts
Most OnStar info is on their website. You should have three buttons on the dash: OnStar, emergency, and phone. For an '08, you should be able to use the road service, emergency dispatch, unlock, disable if stolen, and phone. The nav never worked on our cars. You have to buy phone minutes from OnStar: 100 min for $18 and its a separate cell number. It takes an initial call to set it up. OnStar is expensive at $20/month, though they will discount to $13 without much negotiating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts