Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends!
It was a great pleasure to participate in this great Forum. I will miss my Saab (not very much though). It seemed to be a good car in 2002, but all the small problems overwhelmed me to the point of trading it in. I wish everybody to get rid of their junk and buy Honda instead. I am dead serious. Unfortunately that would've been way too easy for most people. I don't blame you or myself for this choice! I like to complicate things. In reality, for the fraction of the money you could get RELIABLE and powerful car (V6 is really great). Anyhow, I enjoyed Saab, but in reality it was a strange hybrid of Opel Omega/Vectra and some moron who actually designed this POS. I wont't buy it again, but I will have good memories of this vehicle.
Good luck to you all!
Dimasin.

G

·
dimasin said:
I wont't buy it again, but I will have good memories of this vehicle.
Nothing in life is perfect and we love or hate our cars for different reasons.

Your statement is somewhat contradicting, don't you think? Care to explain?

·
Registered
445 Posts
dimasin said:
Dear friends!
It was a great pleasure to participate in this great Forum. I will miss my Saab (not very much though). It seemed to be a good car in 2002, but all the small problems overwhelmed me to the point of trading it in. I wish everybody to get rid of their junk and buy Honda instead. I am dead serious. Unfortunately that would've been way too easy for most people. I don't blame you or myself for this choice! I like to complicate things. In reality, for the fraction of the money you could get RELIABLE and powerful car (V6 is really great). Anyhow, I enjoyed Saab, but in reality it was a strange hybrid of Opel Omega/Vectra and some moron who actually designed this POS. I wont't buy it again, but I will have good memories of this vehicle.
Good luck to you all!
Dimasin.
I am confused by this post, even though read it few times over:confused:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Dear friends!
Good luck to you all!
Dimasin.
That was an incredibly ignorant post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is my 4th Saab & I am still loving it.

Maybe he is not into Aero version yet. From 100-200km/h acceleration feels incredible.

Saab saves lives if he is to compare with Honda or Japanese ones for safety.

Other small issues are not problems that cannot be resolved.

Cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Byeeeee.

Hope you enjoy your Honda......along with the thousands of others who wouldn't recognise a car of style, if it bit them on the a***.
Over here the Civic is regarded as the transportation of choice of those who seek nothing more of their cars than that it is reliable!! I believe you can even specify beige paintwork, tho' not sure if a built in comode is an option.
Personally, style, pzazz, quirkyness and (even in standard, albeit aero spec) performance are way up my list. Not to mention the inbuilt strength and safety features that put the marque way up there with Audi, BMW and Volvo.
Hey ho, we're all different, enjoy your reliable, predictable future with Honda.

Please don't interpret this as a personal attack on you as an individual, just me expressing my opinion as you did yours

Rgds
Colin

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just traded my 05 Honda Accord EX-L V6, in on a 07-Aero 9-3. The honda was reliable, but boring... I now have 2 Saabs in the garage. Blue 06 9-3 2.0t and the new Aero. .Love them both. And yes Saab Saves Lives. My brothers 9-5 saved his!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Research shows (BPA) that you've got 7 seconds to stand out from the crowd; first impressions are everything; so what would you rather drive a Honda or maybe a Bema, or maybe a Merk, maybe even a Boxter?? Trouble is, where I come from, thats what everybody else is driving (plus now, lots of 9-3 Aeros!!).
If you really want to be different then go for a hot 9-5 (or 2CV, or an Elise or something);)
Each to their own at the end of the day

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Its a shame to see you go, I wonder if you had made more than 15 posts on here we might have been able to help you further :confused:

Good luck in your next car ;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
sandstrain said:
Research shows (BPA) that you've got 7 seconds to stand out from the crowd; first impressions are everything; so what would you rather drive a Honda or maybe a Bema, or maybe a Merk, maybe even a Boxter?? Trouble is, where I come from, thats what everybody else is driving (plus now, lots of 9-3 Aeros!!).
If you really want to be different then go for a hot 9-5 (or 2CV, or an Elise or something);)
Each to their own at the end of the day
I agree. I live in a very wealthy suburb of Philly. I'm divorced and live in a small three bedroom twin in one of the small towns on Philly's Main Line, but to give you an idea, a three minute walk from my house to a Ferrari/Maserati dealer. A Honda would be out of place as a very low end car here. I used to have a 540i, but so did everyone else.

You never see 9-5 Aero's, and I love my '03 as it still has the the quality parts and design before G.M. got overly involved. My buddy who has a limited edition silver anniversary Boxster is really impressed with the car and featuers he does not have, like self-adjusting bi-xenons as opposed to his regular xenons. My ex girlfriend who used to be in the BMW all the time much prefers my 9-5 since she was in it for the first time last week.

I actually thought of a Honda for the practicality, but I felt I wanted some pride of ownership. Also, I have been fortunate not to have any problems in the few months I have had the car, and with pre-cautions I have taken form this forum, I don't expect many problems.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Honda's are great, the engines just run and run, long after all the other bits have perished and corroded off them :lol:

The solution to running a Saab is to have spare.

I quite like buying 6-8 year old Saabs as the original owner has ironed out all the bugs for you. :cheesy: I should imagine Dimasin's car will be quite a good buy in a year or two.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
We spent the day at Donnington Park today, many cars broke.............

But the 2 honda civic typr R's never even lifted their bonnets :roll:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
We spent the day at Donnington Park today, many cars broke.............

But the 2 honda civic typr R's never even lifted their bonnets :roll:
They are reliable thats for sure! Apparantly (i quote Clarkson here) not a single V tec has gone wrong!:lol:

But they have a bad reputation round where im from, they are always distastefully modified!:cheesy:

Im sure you see a few in East London Chris!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
hey Hondas are fantastic cars, super reliable, great on gas, and there are millions and millions of them around to make you feel like you fit in.

Enjoy the new Honda.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hondas are boring everyone knows one when they see one but no one ever knows what kind of car mine is and are suprised when I tell them its a 99 (they think its newer). Also I've never lost a race against a Honda, if u wanna call them races:cool:.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
dimasin said:
Dear friends!
Good luck to you all!
Dimasin.
Ahhh....

Well......the 2002 Honda Odyssey in my driveway has been a fine vehicle for the past few years...except for the fact that it's currently about to undergo its third major transmission repair as part of a worldwide recall of about two million vehicles.

We have gotten to the point of only using the van when absolutely necessary and making most commuting trips in the 99 9-5 SE

I wish you better luck with your Honda.

·
Registered
125 Posts
dimasin said:
Dear friends!
Good luck to you all!
Dimasin.
This is very informative. :roll: More telling of you than the car, though.

96,000+ miles and counting on my '01. My brother-in-law's '04 Honda Accord Coupe has many small problems, causing him to refer to it as junk and a POS numerous times. It's also boring with no character, but there I go, being biased...

Amusingly, he was a big Bimmer/Audi fan in the 80s/early 90s--when they were junk. He's gone through 3 Hondas since then, each one with issues. Also amusingly, he's never read an owner's manual in his life and always had a look of genuine amazement when something broke after not being maintained. My point is that like you, he spoke in vague generalities, showing his ignorance, and ignorant people are usually ignorant all the way through--to the bone.

It's no surprise then that you (like my brother-in-law) have had so many such problems.

Good luck. But maybe you're just unlucky and not ignorant. Then I'm truly sorry for you and wish you the best (seriously).

·
Registered
105 Posts
At least get something cool and reliable like an Infinity, Acura, or Lexus. It'll never be a Saab but won't put you in the "best of the suicidally boring" category.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
SaabBen9-5 said:
This is very informative. :roll: More telling of you than the car, though.

96,000+ miles and counting on my '01. My brother-in-law's '04 Honda Accord Coupe has many small problems, causing him to refer to it as junk and a POS numerous times. It's also boring with no character, but there I go, being biased...

Amusingly, he was a big Bimmer/Audi fan in the 80s/early 90s--when they were junk. He's gone through 3 Hondas since then, each one with issues. Also amusingly, he's never read an owner's manual in his life and always had a look of genuine amazement when something broke after not being maintained. My point is that like you, he spoke in vague generalities, showing his ignorance, and ignorant people are usually ignorant all the way through--to the bone.

It's no surprise then that you (like my brother-in-law) have had so many such problems.

Good luck. But maybe you're just unlucky and not ignorant. Then I'm truly sorry for you and wish you the best (seriously).
yeah, it seems some people just do not take care of cars. Sometimes people are the victims of buying cars in which the PO didn't take care of the car.

Saabs aren't easy; however, with proper care and a good owner they can produce a fantastic experience.

G

·
We have one of each. My wife drives her '05 Honda Civic VP and she loves it, BUT she uses a car to go from point A to B and that's it. It is her 3rd Honda and she has never had a problem with it as I make sure all the critical things are up to date. I like something that can give me some enjoyment, so that is why I have the 9-5. It is a great family car but I can have some fun too. Most cars can be reliable if you take care of them, that is why I don't think twice about taking either car on a long trip (I'd rather take my Saab though:D )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.