SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, as some of you might know my big t28 started to smoke and spool really loudly. i was thinking i was going to go 234 and a gt of some sort (3071 or 3076) and follow in john z's footsteps but looks like plans have changed. im yanking out the t28 this weekend and sending it off to be rebuilt and put back on my 9-3. after that, i think im going to get a snowperformace kit and the 6 point subframe brace, new tranny, and then im done with the saab for a wile. i still like it, i just think it has enough power for the fwd and marginal chassis. im not hateing on ng's og9-3, just after hearing from people like mike saunders about how huge power is just a little too much for them to handel. now for the new money pit lol!!! yesterday we picked up a 1990 audi 200 with the MC turbo motor and a 5 speed that was in an accident. tomorrow were picking up a nice 4000 quattro. we already got the i-5 our of the 200 to start building it. its the MC so its only a 10vt (the 20vt's are better) but i guess you can take the N/A head off a 20v and put in on the MC and have your self a gettho 20vt. im not sure about all the legistics but we have a new tech thats and audi genius and has built many MC's and AAN's so im gong to trust him lol! ill try and get some pics up this weekend.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
what is the snow performance kit?

·
Banned
635 Posts
would that be still be usefull if you have a aftermarket intercooler? would it still help? or the water injection kit only works if you have stock intercooler, plus where can you get a kit?

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
It would work best on an aftermarket IC or at least Viggen IC. Are we talking about a Cry02 sprayer? If they are, you can find these everywhere. Ebay is a good place to start. Make sure the tank you buy has the proper pressure test labels on them otherwise most places wont fill them for ya.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Hey...sorry to hear about that turbo going south on you....That's high on the no fun list....

....The Audi sounds like a really fun choice, especially since you know an experienced tech. Audi guys I know LOVE the earlier models, but they need loads of care and feeding so that they don't get all pissy on you. It sounds like you have that all taken care of, so you're totally set....Hey, make sure to post some pics of some corner drifting in dirt!

My early concerns about the GT30's power and the NG900 chassis are pretty much gone. The real issue isn;t the amount of power, but how it's delivered. The .64 A/R housing on the 3071 brings the heat a little too quickly, with full spool between 2,800 and 3,500 RPM. That rush is what contributes to torque steer and makes the car want to do a little sideways dance under full throttle.

Best cmbo for the 2.3L/GT3071 is probably the .86, which delays boost by about 500 RPM...but pulls longer and doesn't run out of steam as quickly.....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thats good to hear mike! im sure ill get a 2.3 in there someday, when i do ill consult you and john:cool: right now this audi has got me really excited! im ready for some quattro fun! and ya i know the older audis are a little querky but i think its worth it when you get all the bugs out of them. iv always loved the looks for the 4000. we also picked up an 87 90quattro to put a i5 in too at some point. this new tech kind of fell into our laps and is working out great! he use to drive a 1991 200 quattro built to a 2.6 with rs2 intake and exhaust manafold, rs2 cams, and a big turbo that was making 704bhp! ill get pics asap!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts