SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't suss this out searching around the forum.

Went to pull on my hi-beams tonight (03 Vector) and they came on as I pulled the stalk but went back to low beam a split second after I let go.

Anyone know if this is a faulty switch in the column? Wouldn't appear to be a fuse since I can pull and hold them on.......

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sounds like you just need to turn your switch all the way to the left. On the bottom left of your steering colum you'll see the light switch. (fogs, low beams, whatever) they don't really do anything, so just make sure it's set all the way over. Your brights should work fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have saved a lot of head scratching if that is it (and it totally makes sense as I could have nailed it, etc)
I would have thought to check that last, many thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
sfdave said:
Try pushing the stalk. A pull is to flash the high beams. Pushing locks the switch on.
not on the ss,it's pull to flash & to go on to high beams..

·
Registered
358 Posts
The same thing happened to me shortly after getting the car. I could not beleive that I was already having a problem ... after a mile or two down the road I remembered turning the lights "off". This is what we get for the insane programming of our cars. We should just have the "rest of world" setting from the get go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts