SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday the temperature dropped down and try the heating~

When I push the ACC button starting, it works but about one or two minutes later, coming with outside cold air(heating was gone)~ And when I turn off the climate system, I can feel that the outside air still is inflowing~ except closed the vent.
Testing with AUTO and OFF, the code showed 21, 13, and 21 again.

So today I open the lower dash and took off the stepper motor, some pieces of stop level broken and some pieces gone. But why calibrating without the code 08? So weird!
I already ordered the new one and want to put it on, but for other code 21(recirculation motor short/open) and 13(air distributor motor jammed), how to fix that?
Any idea? Thanks for your suggestion~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
My heater stop working, I checked and the motor is not working any more, stopped.

1) Do any one knows where can I found out where the blower for the heating is?

2) How to gain access to replace it?

3) Where can I get a blower for a reasonable price?

Note: If anyone have pictures of how to access the old motor and how to replace it I will apreciate that....
.:p



kitechan said:
Yesterday the temperature dropped down and try the heating~

When I push the ACC button starting, it works but about one or two minutes later, coming with outside cold air(heating was gone)~ And when I turn off the climate system, I can feel that the outside air still is inflowing~ except closed the vent.
Testing with AUTO and OFF, the code showed 21, 13, and 21 again.

So today I open the lower dash and took off the stepper motor, some pieces of stop level broken and some pieces gone. But why calibrating without the code 08? So weird!
I already ordered the new one and want to put it on, but for other code 21(recirculation motor short/open) and 13(air distributor motor jammed), how to fix that?
Any idea? Thanks for your suggestion~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
froman said:
My heater stop working, I checked and the motor is not working any more, stopped.

1) Do any one knows where can I found out where the blower for the heating is?

2) How to gain access to replace it?

3) Where can I get a blower for a reasonable price?

Note: If anyone have pictures of how to access the old motor and how to replace it I will apreciate that....
.:p
Does anyone use the search facility :evil:

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060204.Saab_9-5_Blower_Motor_Repair/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Thanx you, you guys rock.... and sorry for not using the search.... I was not sure what I was looking for.... :cool: :p ;) :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
kitechan said:
So the situation is the same to me?
Fix the blower motor? :roll:
Nope that was in answer to Froman, sorry :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Heater Problem

Hi,
Very new Saab Owner, just got 9-5. I have had two problems which is why i got cheaper than should of been. The first i have now fixed thanks to this site. That was faulty Display n my SID. I got the Unit out which was more hassle than actually fixing it.

The Other problem is my heater blower does not work at all. I have tried the diagnostic which only comes up with a code of 0. No errors reported. If i put my hand over the vents you can feel heat but no air is coming out. Without sounding daft or a total fool, could it mean a faulty Motor. Is there any definate way of know its the motor before i start to prise it out of its tight compartment.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
monsta said:
Hi,
Very new Saab Owner, just got 9-5. I have had two problems which is why i got cheaper than should of been. The first i have now fixed thanks to this site. That was faulty Display n my SID. I got the Unit out which was more hassle than actually fixing it.

The Other problem is my heater blower does not work at all. I have tried the diagnostic which only comes up with a code of 0. No errors reported. If i put my hand over the vents you can feel heat but no air is coming out. Without sounding daft or a total fool, could it mean a faulty Motor. Is there any definate way of know its the motor before i start to prise it out of its tight compartment.
Try http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060204.Saab_9-5_Blower_Motor_Repair/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened to mine ('00 9-5se) which i bought just over 2 weeks ago. When i bought it the heat etc worked perfectly. Last week the fan was loud and had a knocking sound. This week, I can feel heat out of the defrost vents but it's not blowing, and am not getting any airflow through the main vents at all. Pressing auto+off has a code'0', which i guess isn't as bad as it could be. I thought maybe due to the 30 below windchill here in green bay the thing is frozen, but now i'm thinking it's the fan motor. The fuses all checked out fine.

If you get in there and 'tune-up' your fan, let me know how it goes. I'm not fixing anything in this cold, but eventually i think i'll do it. i figured i'd have some repairs here and there but i didn't think it would be this soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
**I have a ng900, so if there are no similarities to the 9-5 ACC then disregard this post, and i'll start a thread in the proper section.**

I have had a very similar problem as the post above, as far as it showing a code "0", and there is no heat. I would assume it to be a bad motor, but the blower turns on fine when I put the car in reverse.(5spd.) It seems that whatever triggers the blower to come on automatically doesn't work, and some kind of reverse gear switch is the only thing turning the blower on. Then, once I take it out of reverse it stays on and works just the way it should. Any help as to what would cause this?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top