SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone. I am a new member and joining as I believe this is a start to a wonderful relationship. My car is a Saab 93 Turbo 2.0 2002. And I hope there is someone who can assist me with my issue. I have been struggling ever since with my lights when they switched on to the "on" position. First it was said that it might be a short circuit that is causing the issue, others say that it a fuse and then there is people that say it might be the Orange Relay located under the hood. Sometimes these lights has a will of it's own and switches on by itself. Now I have been ordering the switch and the orange relay. When the switch is to the middle position dash lights park lights fog lights and tail lights all works perfectly. I have been checking fuses, 100 %. On my control stick left of steering wheel, when I pull it towards me it illuminates head beams. But the On position nothing shows. Any advise would be appreciated. Kind Regard

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Ignition switch problem. You do not have voltage +X to light switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery that is inserted to the Car is brand new. Although I Experienced times that I had to jump start because of a flat battery, I am referring to the same battery. After driving long distance with the car the lights do come on as if they detect the sufficient voltage to power them on. However the car does not stall in any way with the voltage problem.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
+X voltage do not affect engine running.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. If +X Voltage running to the switch is needed to power the lights on can this come from a harness or a bad connection. Since the lights issue are the globe Relay or the switch itself. I tested battery and the alternator. Both are fine. Middle position which is park lights works fine on everything. Only headlights from the orange relay.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
WIS shows tex wiring diagrams and you can download it from stickies.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Hi. If +X Voltage running to the switch is needed to power the lights on can this come from a harness or a bad connection. Since the lights issue are the globe Relay or the switch itself. I tested battery and the alternator. Both are fine. Middle position which is park lights works fine on everything. Only headlights from the orange relay.
Light switch has actually 3 different voltages depending switch position. +54, +30 and +X

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If you've checked all the other stuff, my reaction would also be the ignition switch. I'm grateful I've never had the problem myself ('02 9-3 and '04 9-5) but we read about it frequently. Ignition switch problems can affect so many car functions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Park lights with fog lights and all other lights does light up without any issue whatsoever. When The light switch is to it's middle position. I am too frightened to fiddle on the ignition where you place you key in as the on position does light up the lights. Looking either at the Orange Relay or light switch itself

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I need to test with a multimeter. It is a simple task to pull out the switch and disconnect the harness plug from the switch. I did this once and only tested the switch for closed circuit. The middle position, eg Park lights has two connections where the headlight position on the switch reads three closed connections. If I need to test the harness as in my figure above this would be in DC and need to check for reading.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts