SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I tried installing a Fumoto oil drain valve in my '97 900 (F106, for those interested). It's a very slick design, much nicer than the Fram SureDrain I've had on the car for over a year. The problem was when it was all tightened up, the drain lever was facing straight down so if I was to accidentally drive over something high, it would push the lever back and drain my oil! :eek: If the threads were just a little different it would have been perfect. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has put one on and in what orientation their lever was in. For now, though, the car has the SureDrain back on.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Would it not be simply adding or subtracting sealing washers to achieve correct orientation??

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is proof that thinking about something too much doesn't help! ;oops: The next time the car needs an oil change I'll have to buy a few copper washers and give it another try. It really is a great little gizmo, and it doesn't require any additional hoses like the Fram SureDrain does.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
This weekend I tried installing a Fumoto oil drain valve in my '97 900 (F106, for those interested). It's a very slick design, much nicer than the Fram SureDrain I've had on the car for over a year. The problem was when it was all tightened up, the drain lever was facing straight down so if I was to accidentally drive over something high, it would push the lever back and drain my oil! :eek: If the threads were just a little different it would have been perfect. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has put one on and in what orientation their lever was in. For now, though, the car has the SureDrain back on.
What is one of those??? Picies please. :)

Dead

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wow thats cool. :D
Is it safe? As in no accidental loss :eek:
I see what you are saying JR. Could be bang on an engine dropping all your oil would not be good. So in normal operation they are ok.

What did you order for the Saab did it need an adaptor??

Dead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts