SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch return spring fell out of my 04 93 Arc and the cruise control stopped working, but after I installed a new spring my cruise control still doesn’t work. The light comes on the dash but it doesn’t engage. I know there are many cruise control threads but I couldn’t find one that helped with this scenario.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Sounds like clutch isn't going back to original position. Pull up with your toe and hold it and see if that allows it to turn on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually tried that yesterday with no luck, I think the pedal is returning to the correct position because if I try to lift it up with my toes it doesn't go any higher.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Does the clutch position switch look good?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just went out to look at the switch and I accidentally pushed it in too hard (instant regret). It still moves in and out but since it's pushed in the petal doesn't depress it meaning the car won't try to start. Any suggestions on what to do with that? If I can get that back to how it was I'll try what they said in the link you sent.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Sounds like it was on its way out. Just replace it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://imgur.com/7vkDX1w

I have the new switch now, do you know of any threads on how to replace it? Maybe I'm not searching for the right thing but I can't find anything.

I'd like to not have to reach behind the pedal and push in the switch with my finger every time I start the car haha.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Nothing in WIS?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah I didn't even think to check there, this is only my second time consulting the forums for help so I had never used WIS before. Looks like they have exactly what I needed to know listed. I'll try to work it out tonight.

Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts