SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal feels like it has nothing behind it for the first 2/3rd of the travel and then there is some feel behind it. But it is not the same pressure I would expect of working clutch. So, I decided to use my mightyvac on the slave cylinder:

After more than half an hour, that is the reservoir is about as much brake fluid that came out of the bleed valve. Could my master cylinder be boink? Here is a picture of it; note the rust around it, which made me think it was leaking:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Are you sure the clutch pedel swivel point isn't egged out?

·
Registered
888 Posts
When I bleed my clutch I use a bicycle innertube. I cut the tube, tie off one end, and clamp the other (open) end to the top of the master. I seal it with a hose clamp, then slowly pump air into the tube with a tire pump. It is cheap, and it works! I have done it a half dozen times or so with 100% success. I even keep an old tube in my toolbox with my brake tools.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grif900 said:
Open the bleeder screw some more.:roll: There has to be oil in there or the clutch would not work at all.
Well, the clutch is not working; the pedal has soem feel but no engagement. Also, I took the bleed screw out of the car and the inside of the slave cylinder was rather dry.
Matt88S said:
Are you sure the clutch pedel swivel point isn't egged out?
Honestly, I do not even know yet how to take all this stuff so I can get to see the clutch pedal assembly in its entirety.

dasander said:
When I bleed my clutch I use a bicycle innertube. I cut the tube, tie off one end, and clamp the other (open) end to the top of the master. I seal it with a hose clamp, then slowly pump air into the tube with a tire pump. It is cheap, and it works! I have done it a half dozen times or so with 100% success. I even keep an old tube in my toolbox with my brake tools.
You know, I have been thinking on either doing something like that, or, as a friend recommended to do, build a reverse bleed system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no clutch

to get to the master cylinder from the inside you have to get down there and pull out some egg carton stuffing that is attached to cardboard. its right above the pedals. there will be your clutch pedal connected to the master cylinder. and the will be two nuts holding the master cylinder in the car and then it just pulls out towards the front of the car.

my clutch worked great ever since i had the car and about a month ago it was about 2in from the floor. the the other night it just got all the way to the floor and i came out to drive it and no clutch. so i pulled my master cylinder and my springs were broke. my seals were good but i got a used one from my saab mechanic he said it worked when he pulled it out of a car and if it worked for me i could give him 20 bucks and be good. so i took it and put it in and my bleeding adventure hasnt worked out verywell.i opened the bleed valve and it would only kinda run out a lil bit. not squirt. i cant seem to get any presure from the cylinder but enough resistance to were its not just loose all the way to the floor like the other. im about to go and try to depress the slave cylinder and then check my master again.
any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts