SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked the window sticker I got after my last oil change at 7,500 miles from the dealer and its time for another one. So I called the local dealer (Saab of Troy) to set up a service appointment and they want to charge me $47 as a "supplemental oil change".

They said that Saab would pay for my next oil change at 15,000. I asked if they used synthetic on my last change and they said no, it was mineral. I'm very confused, I was just going on the window sticker thinking that they would know when I should be getting it changed.

Its a lease, so if they won't pay for a change until 15k, then thats when I'll get it done. :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
The free maintenance on the 2005 9.2X is at 7500, 15000 and 22500 miles. In other words every 7500 miles. Saab says with normal driving you can go up to 7500 miles on an oil change. Severe driving (in town, stop and go etc.), the oil should be changed more often BUT this is not covered by the "no charge scheduled maintenance program. I would recommend changing every 3750 miles unless you decide to put full synthetic oil in it then you could go up to 7500 miles on an oil change BUT (yes another but) Saab will not pay for synthetic oil for the no charge scheduled maintenance. If your Saab dealer is nice they may let you pay the difference from mineral oil to synthetic oil.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was told at the time of my 3750 oil change at Saab of Troy that it would be $33 to upgrade the free oil change to synthetic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oil changes

For my mid (non free) oil changes, I pull into my local Subaru store, and for $29.95 get it all done, with "normal" 10W30 and a nice car wash. I have to live with a fiter that says Subaru, but it's the same filter.
My old Audi TT was every 10K free.
vitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say thats a bit deceptive in terms of "free scheduled" maintenance, more like "free every other" scheduled maintenance. No one drives ALL highway. If they're going to put a sticker on my windshield saying oil change at 11,400, I'd say that should be free. Seems pretty scheduled to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts