SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just bought a 2008 saab 9-5 biopower and have been working through some of the broken / failed parts on this car. One of the niggling issues was that the boot button on the boot lid itself wasnt opening the boot. I had to use either the key fob or the boot release button on the drivers door. Ive had sevral Saab's before but this is the newest one. I took the reversing light / boot handle off the bootlid and to my disgust its not an actual button but just a handle! Was the boot lid button on the boot itself an option extra? or was its removal a money saving venture? Is it possible to retro fit a button into the boot lid like I had on my previous 9-3's? I look forward to your responses.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hello all, I just bought a 2008 saab 9-5 biopower and have been working through some of the broken / failed parts on this car. One of the niggling issues was that the boot button on the boot lid itself wasnt opening the boot. I had to use either the key fob or the boot release button on the drivers door. Ive had sevral Saab's before but this is the newest one. I took the reversing light / boot handle off the bootlid and to my disgust its not an actual button but just a handle! Was the boot lid button on the boot itself an option extra? or was its removal a money saving venture? Is it possible to retro fit a button into the boot lid like I had on my previous 9-3's? I look forward to your responses.
See if a previous year's parts from a salvage yard fit. Check a wiring diagram, and also see if your harness has extra unused wires first before spending the dough

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
On my 08 Combi there is no opening button, only the handle.
It also locked automatically and I turned that off with a Tech II

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my others issues is the locks, the doors lock when you start driving but only unlock when you remove the key. I'm guessing but tech2 car sort this out.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
One of my others issues is the locks, the doors lock when you start driving but only unlock when you remove the key. I'm guessing but tech2 car sort this out.
Yes, you do need a Tech2 to change those settings. You can turn off the auto unlocking, and you can disable the door unlock with key out feature. Neither my 2000 nor my 2001 9-5s had automatic door locks turned on from the factory, so someone probably had that enabled on your car. I enabled it on both of mine, but it took a while to get used to the ridiculously loud "thunk" sound as all four door lock themselves. I've never heard such loud locks on a car before this one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, you do need a Tech2 to change those settings. You can turn off the auto unlocking, and you can disable the door unlock with key out feature. Neither my 2000 nor my 2001 9-5s had automatic door locks turned on from the factory, so someone probably had that enabled on your car. I enabled it on both of mine, but it took a while to get used to the ridiculously loud "thunk" sound as all four door lock themselves. I've never heard such loud locks on a car before this one.
"Back when cars were built to last" sounds LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,914 Posts
Closing this duplicate thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.