SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just bought a 2008 saab 9-5 biopower and have been working through some of the broken / failed parts on this car. One of the niggling issues was that the boot button on the boot lid itself wasnt opening the boot. I had to use either the key fob or the boot release button on the drivers door. Ive had sevral Saab's before but this is the newest one. I took the reversing light / boot handle off the bootlid and to my disgust its not an actual button but just a handle! Was the boot lid button on the boot itself an option extra? or was its removal a money saving venture? Is it possible to retro fit a button into the boot lid like I had on my previous 9-3's? I look forward to your responses.

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Mimmi's right, as usual. :) None of the 9-5s ever had a button on the trunk lid itself to open it. You either press the button on the door, press the trunk button on the key fob, or turn the key in the trunk lid's lock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow you learn something new everyday!
This is my 7th saab, and I thought I knew quite a bit about these cars. Mind you its my first 9-5 sedan. Thanks for your help, i'll put it back the handle and learn to with it. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mimmi's right, as usual. :) None of the 9-5s ever had a button on the trunk lid itself to open it. You either press the button on the door, press the trunk button on the key fob, or turn the key in the trunk lid's lock.
I think the early 9-5 up to 2001 had a handle to open the trunk from inside. Later it was removed but you still find the thin metal cable under the flap for the inner light to open the trunk. Might become handy if you have a version without lock and battery empty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts