SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,

I need your help. I have the anti lock and brake fluid lights. FYi you will have no brakes. A search of the forum comes up with dated information. What is the fix? I will AAA the car to shop and l would like to drive it home.

Thanks for your help,
RJ

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
We'd need more information than 'my brakes don't work' to offer an opinion.
Have you done anything such as check the brake fluid, fuses?...Read the manual (section 5.2)?
These cars are old, all the information is dated.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
What he said. :)

Usually both lights coming on at the same means the accumulator has failed, but you definitely should start with fluid & fuses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the fuses on the right side of the engine compartment. All good. Pulled the connections in that area and hear the master cylinder. All clean. I'm with the failed accumulator. Saab model seams to NLA. I understand this system was common. What other models can be used?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I would not classify the system as common. While it was used in a number of cars, they were all low volume and 30 years ago... you're not going to call up Jaguar or Merkur and find one. There are some Chinese copies you can find on ebay or Aliexpress … results are mixed, but beggars can't be choosers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts