SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's wrong with my SAAB!

it shuddered on the highway, the check engine light came on, and now there is no boost whatsoever.

i can hear the turbo spooling, but no boost.. (if that makes sense.)

the code is P0101

Idk if this is related at all, but last week the car was jerking/shuddering violently while cruising, then the check engine came on. The CEL was for the CPS so i replaced that..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the waste gate stuck open?

If you take the heat shield off you can see the arm and actuator. The clip might have fallen out or it might be seized.

Steve

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
What ambient temperatures and rpms?

My 04 Arc, with FMIC, was flashing engine symbol today. With 95F temps and 1800 rpm engine when throttle tipped in it accelerated fine but high load, low rpm, I could not repeat at higher rpms. It's just too low rpms combined with hot air.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it wasn't that hot out today, probaby like 84 degrees.

i'll try to describe what happens,
the car has no power at all, when i give it gas the turbo gauge goes into the yellow and i can hear the turbo spinning, but there is no boost/extra power being added.

also when i let off the gas, i can normally hear the blow-off-valve like 'whoosh' from the cold air intake, but now i can't hear that, only the a really high pitched whistle as the turbo spins and nothing when i let off the gas.

the car drives like in normally would (when i keep out of the boost) but when i give it more gas, i get nothing, just a loud whistle from the turbo.

hopefully that was descriptive enough..

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
it wasn't that hot out today, probaby like 84 degrees.

i'll try to describe what happens,
the car has no power at all, when i give it gas the turbo gauge goes into the yellow and i can hear the turbo spinning, but there is no boost/extra power being added.

also when i let off the gas, i can normally hear the blow-off-valve like 'whoosh' from the cold air intake, but now i can't hear that, only the a really high pitched whistle as the turbo spins and nothing when i let off the gas.

the car drives like in normally would (when i keep out of the boost) but when i give it more gas, i get nothing, just a loud whistle from the turbo.

hopefully that was descriptive enough..
check for any possible vacuum leaks. Also check the maf, intercooler hoses, delivery pipe for any loose connections or blow offs which will result in little to no boost pressure.

·
Registered
719 Posts
re

Sounds like it might be your boost recirculating valve or on my car the blow off valve,particularly since you dont hear it any more. GOOD LUCK DAVE S>

·
Registered
906 Posts
It 'could' be a couple dried out vacuum lines.

Theses are both the same diameter. One goes from the front of the engine at the bypass valve. Follow this back to the firewall. There is another vac line that goes from the throttle body plate to the firewall. Both are push on

As they age the part that pushes over the nipples loosens and can slip off. Even if they are not off, they can still leak due to the expanded opening.

You can trim a small section off and push it back on and check engine light. This might clear the CEL BUT you should replace the lines.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just picked the car up. turns out the "main pipe on the turbo popped off," according to the receptionist.

i feel like an idiot for just shipping the car over to the mechanic without even looking at it, but whatever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts