SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
I have a 97,9000 griffin 2.3l fpt (123,000 miles)on which the turbo is,nt boosting,boost gauge only just gets into the yellow segment of the gauge no higher,i had it at my local garage and he checked things like the vacuum pipes and the wastegate and says nothing wrong there,he seems to think it could either be the apc valve or a slight leak on the intercooler or the turbo itself,he does,nt have a boost gauge to see the pressure its running at,the engine runs as sweet as a nut no probs,any ideas.
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
first check to see if your stuck in base boost i.e. for example is the brake light switch stuck on or are in cruse control mode. Tap the brake enough to activate the light switch when your at full boost and see if it drops any.

Then remove the middle hose from the apc valve to the actuator and go out for a drive, note if the turbo etc.. is fine then you,ll hit overboost fuel cut quickly when you apply WOT . play a bit by controlling the boost with your right foot, if this is fine then the turbo is fine, if this doesn,t work then its a leak or a turbo issue as you,ve said leak could be an open dump valve, is the small bore hose to it in good condition ? // IC end caps ok ? // big air hose split ? - you can usually hear a large air leak

Last but by no means least, your mechanic say,s the actuator is fine, but worth checking the rod end hasn,t come off the waistgate arm

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Pretty much what Norman said:lol:

I would actually just disconnect the W hose from BPC, and then carefully roll onto to throttle(while driving). Takes like 2 seconds. If your boost goes high, then your system is ok, and the problem is with either the BPC or something else electronic(like DI). If you still don't get boost then your problem is a wastegate or a hole in the system...

Klim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok

Thanks for the advice,I have another apc valve coming soon so I will try that,am now on holiday so plenty time to tinker on with it.
Thanks again.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.