SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker, first post. 03 9-3 Arc

Had ECU replaced due to short, dreaded P0601 code.

Left dealer with CEL code P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1 or single sensor. Dealer wanted to charge me another $450 for a knock sensor that doesn't exist.

Now has codes P1351 ignition coil control circuit high voltage, P1352 ic output high/pulse detected when gnd cyl 2, p1353 same cyl. 3, and p1354 same cyl. 4.

Replaced plugs, coils and exhaust gas control (t-shaped unit on right of engine.) - all the parts I'm aware of that contribute to knock sensing. Still no boost, still same codes. Boost meter on dash shows boost going up to halfway, but I don't feel or hear anything.

Any ideas where to look next? Dealership is no use - they say the problem was there before the ECU swap and not their problem.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sounds to me like they put the wrong ECU in?? ha but it shouldn't work at all if that were the case....

This shouldn't cause the code, but have you checked for boost leaks? Also have you tried clearing the codes and resetting the battery? Sounds like they didn't marry the ECU properly to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reset codes, cleared battery. Checked for vac leaks. I would think if boost control it would throw codes for that. Haven't inspected blowoff valve yet. It's got to be something related to installing the new ECU - knocked off vac line or disconnected something, but I'm at a loss.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
Welcome to SC..

was the ecu brand new or was it off another car?

p0325 could be to do with the IDM(Ionization detecion module)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Have you checked all of your fuses? Perhaps one was shorted out in the installation or when the ECU shorted out.

Check both boxes (cabin and under the hood)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ehhaust ionization module-yeah, that's the thing I couldn't remember the name of...it's been replaced with a known good one.

On a whim, I took the new one off yesterday to check connections. The numbers on the new one and old aren't the same. Do the parts need to be identical? I "assumed" the dealership would order and install the correct part. Bottom in pic is new, top original

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
the ecu for T8 are the same,the software for the engine is loaded onto it by the dealer using TechII,as they come to the dealer unprogrammed..

i'd be going back & making sure they've loaded the right ecu software for your engine..

it's not uncommon for manufactures to change pt#

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get it fixed?

Hi, I know this is an old thread but am curious if you ever resolved the problem, and how? I have the same exact symptoms after changing the ecu on my 9-3.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old thread but am curious if you ever resolved the problem, and how? I have the same exact symptoms after changing the ecu on my 9-3.
What year are you? What part number came out and what went in? I think it has been solved because the wrong part number was used.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I Have a 2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t, the ECU that came out is 55352688 and the one that went in is 55353231.
Who did the work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2003 Saab 9-3

I sent my old ECU and got a rebuilt ECU that was already Flashed. It's a place in Oregon, SOS Diagnostics.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
what engine software does tech2 say is on the ecu..there are 3 engine software maps for the 2.0 9-3,depending on the last digit of your engine code,B207E,B207L or B207R.they should have asked you before shippng the ecu which of those engine codes you have..

·
Registered
6 Posts
2003 Saab 9-3

I would not know, I don't have access to a tech2, that's the main reason I sent in the ECU and got a programmed unit back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2003 saab 9-3

I will check with them later today to see what software they installed. When I sent it in they asked for the VIN number of the car, would the software information show up by the VIN?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Has anything been resolved about this? I have the same problem but from a used ECU. I'm trying to figure out what ECU is compatible with my car now.

I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc (Same as OP i think) and my part number is different from his original and replacement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts