SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a really nice 2006 9-3 Aero, but I noticed something odd. When I started the car the first few times it was fine, but now I am getting no noise from the turn signals. Also, on the screen where you turn the selector and press in to turn the radio on, well it just wont go on at all. I cant tell if there is anything else affected by whatever is going on, but can anyone point me in the direction? NOTE: it came back on once when I started it, but the next time I started it, it is back to doing this. Not sure if something is loose or if something needs to be replaced. Thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes its an amp1 symptom, you can try to pull it out under your seat and check for corrosion, open up the cover and blow out the dust and dirt, may work wonder hopefully....if not then time for another amp.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did this just happened? it is possible water leaked in, that's why you'd want to take out the amp and completely dry it before it permanently damage it....not guarantee but at least to try.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Known problem with the Amp1. Prone to intermittent function, eventually failure due to high humidity, water and other fluids.... If you are lucky you might be able to take it out, dry and clean it, reseat, try again...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a similar issue about 2 years ago and it turned out to be the CD changer. Got a refurbished one on eBay and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Also is it possible for it to not work right in damp weather? It has been raining a ton lately....
A dealer tech told me a few years ago they fail mostly because they do get wet from the location.
My '03 one went bad while under warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so you think it's just because of moisture or something? It is definitely on and off. It's very random. Even when just sitting in neutral and not moving anywhere. Sometimes the sound goes off and it wont let me select any options on the screen and once in a while the whole screen goes blank.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Has anybody tried removing the AMP, opening it up, and spraying some sort of non conductive, heat resistant electrical protector. That would form a moisture and corrosion free coating over the PCB board and components?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts