SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I get good air flow from both side vents but none from the center.

I am guessing the flow control knob is not working.

How do I get the vent out to inspect / repair?

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If this only happens with the a/c on, the evaporator under the dash might be freezing up due to low freon levels and reducing the sir flow to the vent. If this happens with air or heat, there is something mechanically wrong internally with the particular vent... Ron

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this only happens with the a/c on, the evaporator under the dash might be freezing up due to low freon levels and reducing the sir flow to the vent. If this happens with air or heat, there is something mechanically wrong internally with the particular vent... Ron

There is something mechanically wrong with the vent.

The air flows great from both of the side vents, no air at all ever from the center vent.

How do I remove the vent, that is the question please.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I typed a response but it got lost...

Yes it is a mechanical problem, no air ever from the center vent but good air flow from both of the side vents.

So the question is how do I remove the center vent?

I do not want to break anything so please tell me the best way to remove the center vent.

Thank you.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Remove the center console stack and then make sure that the ducting is firmly connected to the vent assembly. After fitting my aftermarket stereo I had limited room and ended up dislodging the ducting and experienced the same symptoms.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
***fixed***

I looked into the center vent with a flashlight and saw that the door that allows air to come through the vent was closed and did not respond to the wheel under the vent.

I used a thin long screwdriver and pushed open the air door.

It now works good but does not blow as hard as the 2 side vents.

I am getting ready to remove the factory radio soon so I will look to see if all the air hose / tube is connected correctly and not leaking.

thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Crispin: It takes about five minutes to remove the radio... get two "DIN" radio tools at some place like Wallymart. Push them in, pull it out. If it's difficult, pull the SID out (nothing holds it in) and push the radio from the back. You can be in and out in 10 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts