SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 9-3, @85,000 miles.

During trips over 30 or 40 minutes, car lost power during acceleration after stopping. I'd drive at highway speeds, everything would be fine, then when I got off the highway and came to a stop or slowed down significantly, the car just wouldn't 'GO'.

Get off the highway, come to stop, light turns green and NOTHING. It would barely accelerate. 0-45 would take a minute at least. Once I got up to speed, everything was back to normal.

This happened like a week ago once. Then again today. Check engine light came on and idle is rough. But when I went for another trip, everything was fine again. Stereo and lights seemed fine, so I don't think its the alternator. Battery is new, so its not that.... Never had this happen in a car.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Check engine light on? Any codes?

Possibly bad Coil(s) or Spark Plugs(s). Does the engine idle and run rough like its missing?

Clogged cat maybe? Do you hear a rattling coming from your exhaust? Does the car still rev to the redline when in neutral? Does the car still rev to the redline if you put your foot down while moving?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
2003 9-3, @85,000 miles.

During trips over 30 or 40 minutes, car lost power during acceleration after stopping. I'd drive at highway speeds, everything would be fine, then when I got off the highway and came to a stop or slowed down significantly, the car just wouldn't 'GO'.

Get off the highway, come to stop, light turns green and NOTHING. It would barely accelerate. 0-45 would take a minute at least. Once I got up to speed, everything was back to normal.

This happened like a week ago once. Then again today. Check engine light came on and idle is rough. But when I went for another trip, everything was fine again. Stereo and lights seemed fine, so I don't think its the alternator. Battery is new, so its not that.... Never had this happen in a car.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
I hate to say it, but I know I've heard that '03's had problems with the throttle bodies becoming defective. When the CEL is lit try to get a code off of it, stop at an advance auto or a place with a code scanner unless u have your own. Keep us updated. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check engine light on? Any codes?

Possibly bad Coil(s) or Spark Plugs(s). Does the engine idle and run rough like its missing?

Clogged cat maybe? Do you hear a rattling coming from your exhaust? Does the car still rev to the redline when in neutral? Does the car still rev to the redline if you put your foot down while moving?
Haven't checked for codes. Yes, it idles and runs rough. At neutral, bounces around a little. Does run a little rough. Haven't heard a rattle still revs to redline when in neutral and when I jump on the gas.

Every once and a while after I come to a stop it won't accelerate and rpms won't jump. Tranny's not skipping or engaging improperly. When this happens, its fine the next few times I drive it. Thanks, Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
107 Posts
when the car is on open up the hood and see if there any vaccum noise. I have the same issue before, there is a hose came off and once you put it back on I don't have the issue anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts