SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
I think there are some in the Post your Pics thread but you'll need to dig through the last year or so. You could google VHT here.

It darkens as it dries, so put on a coat and leave it overnight before deciding if you need more.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did this about a week ago. I did one coat just to darken them a bit and still have the light output as bright and visible as possible. Not on an NG though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too have no Pics.
But I've done both of my truck tail lights. One coat is great. 2 gets very dark, and I masked off the back up lights. Takes the brightness out of the red lense. Eurolight tint kit comes with a remover if u hate it. I used that on my turn signals and ecodes on my c900.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i used it on my trucks tails. i put on 3 good coats then waited a week for it to harden fully then wet sanded and wheeled them out for a good glossy finish. when you sand you need to make sure you do it evenly. sorry that i dont have pics for my truck nor have i dont it on my saab but i do maybe plan too.

worst that can happen is that you just sand the nightshade off, wet sand the tails with 1000 to 1500 grit and wheel them out back to stock look. its easier than it sounds cause they are so small.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My friend and I had this and Headlight restoration down to a science.

1 If the whatever your tinting healights/Taillights/Fogs/corners is dirty then get some lacorthinner or goo gone to get all the dirt off and that stuff dries pretty quick, Hold or place it about 10-12 inches away, it was easier for me just to remove the entire light, but you can easily tape them up and give it a go. even controlled sprays back and forth even a light coat will make a big difference, my tail lights had two coats. both pretty darn light, you can always go darker. Oh if you intend on putting a clear coat on them expect them to get about 4x darker. my friend did that on his spec v sentra, could hardly see the lights during the day... haha

·
Registered
423 Posts
i used it on my trucks tails. I put on 3 good coats then waited a week for it to harden fully then wet sanded and wheeled them out for a good glossy finish. When you sand you need to make sure you do it evenly. Sorry that i dont have pics for my truck nor have i dont it on my saab but i do maybe plan too.

Worst that can happen is that you just sand the nightshade off, wet sand the tails with 1000 to 1500 grit and wheel them out back to stock look. Its easier than it sounds cause they are so small.
+1 ^^^

·
Registered
349 Posts
also, i must add, i used clear lens tails on my truck and not the sock red tails. if you use stock, i would only do 2 good coats. i also like to stick a small flashlight in the taillight so i can see how dark they are getting as i spray them. make sure to wet sand the lens to help the paint to stick before you start to paint them. i used 600 grit but i would of rather used 800 grit but i didnt have any at the time.
let me know and ill write you a little "how to" if you want.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys. I'm trying to decide how many coats to and if I want to do the center lights the same as the break lights what do you guys think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts