SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just rebuilt the clutch on the above non-turbo 5-speed ride. during the proccess i couldn't get the drivers side axle out of the tranny housing so i removed it from the hub and took out the tranny with it still intact. unfortunely i found a tranny axle seal leak once all back together. now i have to pull the axle out (which i couldn't get out in the first place) to put in a new seal. i have read all the threads and have beat the living hell out of the thing to get it out. it's out as far that i can put my fingers behind the inner housing and feel the smooth axle shaft but that's as far as it go's. i have pryed and banged and pushed with crowbars with my feet until my head was going to blow off and still nothing! is it possible something is awry in the tranny to prevent the damn thing from popping loose? all help is welcome as i'm ready to beat the damn thing back in and jb weld the housing in hope's the inner rubber seal is still good.............
ps tried the hammer pull method and ended up pulling the thing apart so all that is left is the inner metal boot:evil:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I had to repair the LS inner joint boot in mine this summer, and, for some now unknown reason I had to pull the whole unit, (driver and axle end).

The extraction was a bear of a job, I had to use a combo of pry bars and wedges and some of Arnold's strength..

There was absolutely no luxury of room - imagine the dentist trying to remove an abscessed tooth if the patient cannot open his mouth more than several degrees....:roll:
But, with a Herculean effort, I was able to perservere.....
The use of a special tool ($$$) could have made this a 5 minute walk in the park, even Central Park..:cheesy: ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts