SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
That's a great looking car, and the mileage is so low (about 65k for us ancient people using miles)! The price does seem rather a bit higher than what one might expect by the book value, but hey, it's a low mileage Aero.

However, the seller is smoking something, or else Saab seriously charged a premium in Australia. He claims it was $79k AUD (about 71k USD) when new. :eek:

I don't think I'd ever pay more than book value for a used car, but if I were to do so, it would be on a mint 9000 Aero, assuming it was the right color and transmission. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaron Gilbert said:
That's a great looking car, and the mileage is so low (about 65k for us ancient people using miles)! The price does seem rather a bit higher than what one might expect by the book value, but hey, it's a low mileage Aero.

However, the seller is smoking something, or else Saab seriously charged a premium in Australia. He claims it was $79k AUD (about 71k USD) when new. :eek:

I don't think I'd ever pay more than book value for a used car, but if I were to do so, it would be on a mint 9000 Aero, assuming it was the right color and transmission. :)
Nope, the seller is correct.. Back in the early '90's cars were pretty expensive in Australia.. my parents brought my 1991 CD brand new and it was $87'000, I still have the original reciept thingy.. and this DID NOT include on road costs like rego and all that. I have only just clocked 116'000KM.. people find that hard to believe. I paid them 1/8th of that for the car in 2003.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
Do it mate. Fly to Adelaide, drive it to Melbourne and onto the boat. Sit back and have a beer......noice!!

Not many of those left old soldier.;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
How come it's got a Garrett T25 turbo? I thought only automatic 9000 Aeros had that kind of turbo. Shouldn't it be a TD04?

Edit - I take it all back - must be seeing things - I could have sworn that I saw a mention of a T25, but it's not there anymore. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Nice car, shame it's black. The guy sounds like a deek too. Genuine reason for sale! Genuine buyers only! And he reckons he'd rather keep a 900 turbo -- yeah right!

Aaah well I guess you're only buying his car, you don't have to like the guy!

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
SpecialTool said:
Aaah well I guess you're only buying his car, you don't have to like the guy!
Funny you should say that. My mate turned down the Audi 90 I asked about recently. All due to the guy being a total prick. The car checked out, I did all the autocheck for him, and it was a minter. It was the guy though, he was apparently quite weird and scary. Kept acting like a total loon.
The car would have been fine....probably. Didn't feel right in the end. I suppose you just have to follow your instinct sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks a nice car.
List says it has traction control, but the engine pic verifys it does not. TC was stopped in 94.

Any 9000 2.3T after 1994 is better . Since 92 / 93's had Traction control and the earlier B234R engine. The Engine was slightly modified in the year 1994 and remained the same until production end in 1998.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to bring this up again, but I just logged out and then looked at the first posting from its_tricky83. Here's what shows up underneath the posting:

Saab 9000 Turbo 2.3Ltr
Garrett T25 Full Pressure Turbo @ 22PSI
SwedishDynamic "Red" APC ECU and Fuel ECU
Speed~Parts StrutBrace & 3" Induction Kit
Forge Recirc BOV & Wastegate Actuator
JT 3" Downpipe & Sports Cat
Polly Trans Bush, Engine Bushes, Suspension Bushes
3" Cat Back Exhaust, Lukey Super Turbo backbox.

Where did that come from? When I log in again, it disappears! Has it got anything to do with the '96 Saab 9000 Aero? I need a drink.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts