SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turned out to be a great day in So. Cal so I thought I'd give her a wash:





I noticed that WD-40 gets out the leftover wax on the plastic trim. Just a tip. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Beautiful! Love the wheels. Well, of course I love the wheels as they are the one's I have. I take it you have the an '03 with the Sports Suspension...! Now then, Arc or Linear?

Also, great window tinting. Looks dynamite with the black paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finklejag said:
Nice pics. I guess thats Graphite green?
Thanks.

You are correct sir! Graphite Green. 03 Linear w/ Launch Package and Sport Suspension. The graphite green looks black under low light, then you'll notice the green in direct sunlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Good job. Reminds me that I have to wash mine. After washing it at least once weekly for the last 18 months, I haven't washed it for 3 weeks, and does it show! Good tip about the WD-40.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Looks great :)

What products are you using on your car?

I end up using different products on client cars based on color and condition. On my black 9-3 I have had good luck with Klasse AIO and SG. Right now I have a 4 layers of SG on and it looks wet with a deep reflection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ImolaDetail said:
Looks great :)

What products are you using on your car?

I end up using different products on client cars based on color and condition. On my black 9-3 I have had good luck with Klasse AIO and SG. Right now I have a 4 layers of SG on and it looks wet with a deep reflection.
I just used Meguire Clearner/Wax, the liquid stuff. I'm planning to put a coat of NuFinish a little later this week to add a bit of durability. I know, I know I should use a better paste wax, but that was all I had yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Check out the forums on autopia.org if you want some suggestions. Be careful though, you may get hooked and end up spending a fortune. If you dont plan on spending alot of time waxing every month then try a sealant like Klasse, Zaino, Megs NXT, etc. Sealants last longer than wax. Have fun! Your car looks good now though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
:confused: What pics? I don't see any.

Also, in the detaling section I read that peanut butter gets rid of the excess wax as well, not sure what removes the peanut butter though :D, I'd be cautions of the WD-40, its good for rusted bults but not sure what else that stuff has to apply it on rubber/plastic or paint! Where the excess wax would be.

The pics just popped up! Forget that first sentence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
JAR said:
:confused: What pics? I don't see any.

Also, in the detaling section I read that peanut butter gets rid of the excess wax as well, not sure what removes the peanut butter though :D, I'd be cautions of the WD-40, its good for rusted bults but not sure what else that stuff has to apply it on rubber/plastic or paint! Where the excess wax would be.

This pics just popped up! Forget that first sentence.
yeah, I would avoid the WD40 as well. Vinegar will remove the wax residue. Also, Klasse AIO and SG do not stain the trim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ImolaDetail said:
yeah, I would avoid the WD40 as well. Vinegar will remove the wax residue. Also, Klasse AIO and SG do not stain the trim.
Boy, I've been in the dark ages with the wax/polish technology. I didn't know Klasse AIO and SG won't stain the plastic trim. That'll save a lot of time in detailing. Thanks.

I wouldn't spray the WD40 directly on the paint. I would put it on the cloth first then apply it. I took this from the WD40 website:

"WD-40 removes sap, tar, adhesives, labels and tape from surfaces without damaging existing paint. It's an effective cleaner for tools, equipment, and vehicles. Use it to remove splattered bugs from the front of cars. WD-40 will even help remove gum from carpet. Just spray, wait, and wipe with a clean cloth."

http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40_faqs.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Nice looking car. Sure looks great when clean. My car is also graphite green metallic. It's hard to tell sometimes what color it is in pictures. My car is dirty now because it's been raining constantly here and I haven't had a chance to wash it.;oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
ImolaDetail said:
yeah, I would avoid the WD40 as well. Vinegar will remove the wax residue. Also, Klasse AIO and SG do not stain the trim.
Smooth peanut butter was suggested a while ago for the black trim. hmm....might be the theory behind the chipmunks that kept on running away when I started my car. :cheesy:

Anyways...peanut oil I assume should do the trick as well.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Smooth peanut butter works great on our black trim. I have used it a couple time's.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top