SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 94 900S 185Hp Turbo needs a turbo. My T25 is starting to leak oil in my intake. So I want to swap it with a T4 instead so i can go stage 3 ECU safely.

I need your help guys, I found tons on ebay forsale and they are not too bad in price. Should i get a T3/T4 hybrid?

What should I look for in terms of easy bolt on, oil lines, ETC?

Also before I go Stage 3 ECU, will i be able to use my stock ecu on the new turbo without losing too much? I figure spool up will be slower due to the larger size turbo.

Your info is greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok well the t3 does not have the same manifold flange as the t25 does. If you look at ERP's site (http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades/Stage3/Turbos.html) there is a pic of a friend of his that has a t3/t4 on his car. If you are willing to pay for it, genuine Saab has a nice header for 950, availlable with the t3 flange. Most people tend to go with the TD04 because it is a direct bolt on, from the 9-3 viggen, but also the 9000 Aero(which is a littrl harder, but better exhaust side), i have the areo one which needed custom coolant lines, but i got the oil ones to fit by "clocking the turbo." You might want to spend some money on some of the basics first (ex. exhaust) because without them, having a bigger turbo wont benefit u very much cause you wont be able to spool it as well as the stock. I mean i miss my t25 when i am trying to go hard off the line, but not at all when my TD04 kicks in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can i find that td04 cheap?

I do have 2.5" SS exaust. 3" intake. HKS SSQV BOV.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
haha, get in line for the cheap td04. They pop up everywhere now and again. You just have to keep your eyes open!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts