SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought while scanning ebay.... does anyone know if a set of leather from a NG900 will fit into a late(1993) C900?

There seems to be very little late model C900 leather out there, while there is plenty (well, not really, just more:roll: ) for a pre '91 C900, and even more for an early NG900

I know you can fit early seats into a late C900, but it is a pain, so thought early NG900 seats might just be a bit easier

Just a thought - no worries if not
G

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just got a driver and passenger side set of leather seats on ebay and was quite excited when they turned up but only to realise some moron has welded them to fit a holden(as if I didn't hate holdens enough as it is?) anyway I now have to remove the skins which is pain of the utmost. I don't recommend doing it but you might be able to swap the tracks. If you can bolt c900 tracks onto NG900 seats that may work. I know I've seen 9000 seats in a 900. Considering how big a 9000 is compared to a 900 that's a feat in itself. Really all you have to do is make sure the 4 holes match the floor.

good luck.

my leather seats are in my garage waiting for my butt. :x

·
Registered
444 Posts
cinemarr said:
some moron has welded them to fit a holden(as if I didn't hate holdens enough as it is?) :x
I see you've correctly spelt holden with a lower case h, which is only fitting, huh :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cinemarr said:
Really all you have to do is make sure the 4 holes match the floor.
Yes, he's right. And, of course, since he's mentioned it, you can modify the seat with some sheet metal tabs and a welding kit to fit the bolt pattern.

To me, I think that simply keeping a sharp eye for the leather that you're looking for in late C900 trim is the solution. Patience will serve better than frustration trying to make something fit.

For instance, these guys http://www.twinsaabs.com made some 9000 Aero seats fit a beautiful C900, but the back seat was unusable because of the seat dimensions.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9000 seats did cross my mind, but the lack of tipping kinda puts me off :confused:

some mint Carly seats would be nice
G

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
You take the leather and put on the 900 seat.

I put leather off a 1993 900 passenger seat into a 1990 900 driver's side... looks good (I didn't use the seatback, it has a hole for the seat release)

Wish I could have a Holden :cry:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
900t said:
You take the leather and put on the 900 seat.

I put leather off a 1993 900 passenger seat into a 1990 900 driver's side... looks good (I didn't use the seatback, it has a hole for the seat release)

Wish I could have a Holden :cry:
you do not. :nono;

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Kaas said:
You can use the rear seats too, I have seen one here in Denmark! But it needs some re making to fit!
What I meant by 'unusable' was that the bigger 9000 seats take up a lot of the space in the car -- so much that it is very difficult to fit anyone back there. Note the close clearance in the pic.

Edit: Here's a pic of the 9000 rear seats in a 900.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
it's very difficult to fit anyone back there regardless of 9000 seats. I just consider my 3dr a 2 seater car cause everyone who gets in the back has their knees in mine. ;oops:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cinemarr said:
it's very difficult to fit anyone back there regardless of 9000 seats. I just consider my 3dr a 2 seater car cause everyone who gets in the back has their knees in mine. ;oops:
Yes, I agree. The convertible rear seat is a little shorter in length which makes it a little better, but since I am 6'5" tall, I have the seat back back back back back (to paraphrase Len Burman....).

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
9000 seats

this may sound really stupid, but id like to put in normal 9000 seats. i recall seeing tags on almost all the 9000s saying the seats were leather. i would prefer leather over vinyl and anyway the stock seat may be tearing apart on any 93 900 i find. the later 9000 seats look very similar to the 900 seats but i wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cinemarr said:
I love those 9000 seats. They're much cooler looking than the 900 ones but they must be impossible to find.
Yes. I imagine that they are hard to find -- most 9000's with seats that nice are still on the road themselves. I suspect that Royce or Jeff (can't remember which one owns this car) found a 9000 that had been hit hard enough to total it, but not hurt the interior too badly.

I thought that these seats looked a lot like those 9000 seats when I was thinking of buying some new ones for my Saab:
http://www.corbeau.com/products/legacy/legacy.shtml#

At $350 each for the cloth and $540 for the leather, they're a viable alternative to used. If you go with vinyl, they've got some under $300 per seat.

I was going to get the leather ones if my original seats didn't improve with some work. They did, so I never bought them. Maybe in a year or two when my leather cracks more I'll consider them again.

Mike

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes they are a very good substitute but the thing I like most about those black 9000 seat is the diagonal ribbing. They kinda look like what darth vader would sit in if he drove a 900. :cheesy:

·
Registered
444 Posts
cinemarr said:
Yes they are a very good substitute but the thing I like most about those black 9000 seat is the diagonal ribbing. They kinda look like what darth vader would sit in if he drove a 900. :cheesy:
May the Force will be with you in your journey to return your seats back from the Dark Side. Surely a bit of welding with a lightsaber will return them to their former glory?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ohhh, I see the dark side is strong here too :evil: In Denmark we have a team called dark side! Dark side = more power :evil:

I have been hit by the darkside.

By the way, I love that pic with the 9k rear seat in! I would like to have that too!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
think we're drifting off the topic here lads......:confused:
i did originally mean just NG900 leather

silversaab96 said:
Surely a bit of welding with a lightsaber will return them to their former glory?
...... and shouldnt that actuall be lightSAABer.......?:lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I had a good look at the seats in an NG900 just this afternoon and I think that they would look pretty good in the C900 given the similar style.

I would post over on the NG 900 board and ask someone for the rail dimensions and compare to the C900 for a start. If they are close enough, go for it!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts